Jeep TrackHawk Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone have headers and can give me some advice?

After seeing the Stainless Works video comparisons I want to get the headers and connect to stock catback. This setup sounds good and I would imagine the headers are going to free up 30hp or so. Plus, I can always add the catback down the road.

My questions are, will off-road (catless headers) trip the check engine light?

Do you need to install O2 senor wire extensions and if so can you provide a link as they aren’t included.

Is a tune required if the only other mod is CAI?

Any other advice or thoughts???

·
Super Moderator
2,296 Posts
Hi flow cats barely have anything in them or at least this was the case the last time I installed one. I don’t see any reason to go cat-less if it’s a street driven vehicle. You will need a tune to trick out the O2 sensors if you don’t have cats. Plus you won’t pass emissions (if that’s a concern).

·
Super Moderator
2,296 Posts
Also the cat back is where there’s a lot of weight to be lost, I’m waiting on Borla. Headers will void the warranty whereas a cat back won’t. You would get more bang for the buck to do injectors and a pulley though.

·
Premium Member
341 Posts
Does anyone have headers and can give me some advice?

After seeing the Stainless Works video comparisons I want to get the headers and connect to stock catback. This setup sounds good and I would imagine the headers are going to free up 30hp or so. Plus, I can always add the catback down the road.

My questions are, will off-road (catless headers) trip the check engine light?

Do you need to install O2 senor wire extensions and if so can you provide a link as they aren’t included.

Is a tune required if the only other mod is CAI?

Any other advice or thoughts???
Very good questions mt friend.

Headers are very good power adders especially as you do more modifications to the TrackHawk. Even stock we have seen some good HP and Torque gains.

As far as CEL coming on yes if you run Hi Flow Cats. or off road connections your check engine light will come on. We turn this off through the tuning process.

O2 extensions do not use the supplied extensions. They are normally aluminum or copper core and the stock O2 sensors are stainless steel core so we manually extend the harness. We have seen issues with two dis similar metals an the O2 ends up going bad.

CAI no tune required bolt on and go.

Hope this helps if you need any advice or assistance with the TrackHawk do not hesitate to call text or e-mail

Sincerely
Scott

Office 313-561-5500 ext 122
Cell 313-213-0273
E-mail [email protected]

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks Scott! There is another thread where a guy is DIY installing your S975 plus. Since the headers require a tune for CEL I would probably elect to do a self installed 975 (plus headers and CAI). I’ll be contacting you after the new year for pricing. Thanks again!

Joe

1 - 5 of 5 Posts