Jeep TrackHawk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 59 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What do you guys think about completely debadging and adding the hellcat badge in place of the Trackhawk badge and 2 Grand Cherokee supercharged badges ? It just sucks the way Jeep makes the Trackhawk badge look like the trailhawk badge. Just trying to create the most logical identity for this monster. After all the engine has the srt hellcat logo and a few other parts do have the srt. I know it’s been discussed on here in the past , but I’m trying to make a decision that will represent the power and identity of this truck. If I leave it completely debadged , the average person will just think it’s an SRT, not looking for the sleeper look, especially when spending 100K lol

·
Registered
266 Posts
What do you guys think about completely debadging and adding the hellcat badge in place of the Trackhawk badge and 2 Grand Cherokee supercharged badges ? It just sucks the way Jeep makes the Trackhawk badge look like the trailhawk badge. Just trying to create the most logical identity for this monster. After all the engine has the srt hellcat logo and a few other parts do have the srt. I know it’s been discussed on here in the past , but I’m trying to make a decision that will represent the power and identity of this truck. If I leave it completely debadged , the average person will just think it’s an SRT, not looking for the sleeper look, especially when spending 100K lol
That was the first thing I replaced and several people have asked if my jeep has the hellcat engine as they've recognized the badge.

Attachments

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
This looks nice , and represents the power of the engine , and won’t be mistaken for a regular SRT for people who know what the Trackhawk is all about

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hey Adamkc , what did you do with the side emblems ? Do you have any pics ? The rear emblem looks nice

·
Registered
411 Posts
I decided to order one of these, and pull the Trackhawk badge on the rear tailgate. I removed the side emblems the morning after I brought my TH home (just way too busy) and am going to remove the front Jeep emblem on the hood.

Attachments

Reactions: Rauchy99

·
Registered
169 Posts
I have watched videos on Youtube of guys using fishing line or dental floss to de-badge cars. I was wondering if this is the same method you guys are using? Is the adhesive backing hard to get off the bodywork at all? Any tips for removal?

Thank you

Currently this is what I have for my license plate frame:

Attachments

·
Registered
266 Posts
I have watched videos on Youtube of guys using fishing line or dental floss to de-badge cars. I was wondering if this is the same method you guys are using? Is the adhesive backing hard to get off the bodywork at all? Any tips for removal?

Thank you

Currently this is what I have for my license plate frame:
Very strong fishing line will do, however, since these are so new all I did was grab an edge and pulled up slowly and it worked just fine. In the past, I've used fishing line and a heat gun or hair dryer. Get the emblem of choice warmed up to help loosen the glue then carefully start pulling. Once off, the remaining glue is easily taken off with a little Goo Gone.

·
Registered
411 Posts
Very strong fishing line will do, however, since these are so new all I did was grab an edge and pulled up slowly and it worked just fine. In the past, I've used fishing line and a heat gun or hair dryer. Get the emblem of choice warmed up to help loosen the glue then carefully start pulling. Once off, the remaining glue is easily taken off with a little Goo Gone.
^^^^ This It does take a little time, but it is not difficult. If you try to do it without a heat gun/hair dryer, you will be there 4x as long.

·
Registered
169 Posts
^^^^ This It does take a little time, but it is not difficult. If you try to do it without a heat gun/hair dryer, you will be there 4x as long.
Good advice. I will give this a try.

Thank you

·
Registered
411 Posts
Good advice. I will give this a try.

Thank you
Few other things that will help... the fishing line will cut into your hands/fingers, so I'd get some gloves. I have some Mechanix gloves that are great, but leather/working gloves are fine too. This also helps because you have heated up the emblems, and getting burned isn't a lot of fun. Also, you will break the fishing line from time to time. NBD.

The smaller "Supercharged" letters come off easy, but still use the line, instead of prying them, IMHO. The "Grand Cherokee" emblems are the ones that take the longest.

1 - 20 of 59 Posts