Jeep Trackhawk Forum banner

Hellephant Trackhawk?

3K views 7 replies 6 participants last post by  30birdy99 
#1 ·
New to this forum -- so hello guys & gals --

I just blew the motor in my Trackhawk, and I'm wondering about a 1000 hp 426 (7 liter) Hellephant swap? What would I need to do to the whole AWD system? I know this is going to be VERY expensive -- but I'd like to follow this through.

Anyone want to help me, or has anyone else tried this?!

Should I just go to Hennessy? I would really love doing this myself (and a couple of real motorhead friends) if possible . . .

#2 ·
I would not go to Hennessy you will pay 7 times what its worth.
I would not buy the Motor from FCA either again you will over pay.
Build your own motor. A few guys here have 426s or 416s I don't recall exacts, but built. You will need axels for sure if you put drag tires. I would assume you'll end up needing to rebuild the trans and transfer case. But I wouldn't do either until they go.
If you do yourself it will not be "very" expensive" but that work is subjective.

#5 ·
Get in touch with AJ Berg he owns HemiTuner Performance out of NY he can help you, he’s a good guy I got my Demon supercharger from him and he’s installed Helephant engines into Challengers and I believe also into a TrackHaw, not sure though. He has access to the Helephant engines and other good stuff that us mere mortals can’t get.

#6 ·
New to this forum -- so hello guys & gals --

I just blew the motor in my Trackhawk, and I'm wondering about a 1000 hp 426 (7 liter) Hellephant swap? What would I need to do to the whole AWD system? I know this is going to be VERY expensive -- but I'd like to follow this through.

Anyone want to help me, or has anyone else tried this?!

Should I just go to Hennessy? I would really love doing this myself (and a couple of real motorhead friends) if possible . . .

The Hellephant alone is $30K. There are MUCH better ways to spend that money.

#8 ·
If that happened to me, I would just buy a short block with forged internals to run higher boost and be safer than stock.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.