Jeep TrackHawk Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi. Currently planning for Trackhawk. Current owner of 2015 Grand Cherokee Summit 5.7L and 2013 Mustang. Mustang is up for sale to make space in the garage for the Trackhawk. Hoping this all happens in the next 2 months so I hit the ground running in the spring.

I've picked out some potential winter tires and still need to figure out ~20x8.5 winter wheels.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks - once the Mustang is sold and I have an open garage slot, I'll be on a mad search for a TH that has the options I'm looking for. I talked to a local dealer already and they're getting what they're getting on their allocation and aren't willing/able to order for me.

·
Registered
599 Posts
Thanks - once the Mustang is sold and I have an open garage slot, I'll be on a mad search for a TH that has the options I'm looking for. I talked to a local dealer already and they're getting what they're getting on their allocation and aren't willing/able to order for me.
Nice change, hopefully the power to weight ratio is still enough for you in the TH. Do you think you will be doing performance related modifications?

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Nice change, hopefully the power to weight ratio is still enough for you in the TH. Do you think you will be doing performance related modifications?
My Mustang was bad timing. I got it just before knowing I was headed to Alaska. The Mustang can’t get the power to the ground.

I envision staying stock during the warranty period. After that, reevaluate. There aren’t strong options in Alaska for speed shops, so I’d need a solid solution on mods if I’m going to do any. I was contemplating a supercharger on my 5.7L but concerned where I’d be left if it needed additional tuning or modifications.

·
Registered
599 Posts
My Mustang was bad timing. I got it just before knowing I was headed to Alaska. The Mustang can’t get the power to the ground.

I envision staying stock during the warranty period. After that, reevaluate. There aren’t strong options in Alaska for speed shops, so I’d need a solid solution on mods if I’m going to do any. I was contemplating a supercharger on my 5.7L but concerned where I’d be left if it needed additional tuning or modifications.
Well this is probably one of the best vehicles to be running stock and with all it has going for it, odds are there's a lot of learning we have and a lot to get out of before doing mods.
Keep us posted.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
While my Mustang hasn't sold yet, I already bit the bullet and put in my TH order. :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts