Jeep TrackHawk Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys. Hoping to get my new 18 TH in a week or 2. I'm not a Jeep rookie so I kind of know what to expect. I had one of the first 2006 SRT8s in all of Canada that I loved and kept for nearly a decade. Then I got a 2015 SRT which I am currently driving and love but I'll be trading it in for my 18 TH.

I've never driven a TH, just wondering what I should expect in comparison to my 15 SRT?

Also a question about my SRT winter rims. Do you think they will fit over the bigger TH front calipers? They just barely clear the SRT ones but I'm hoping the TH ones aren't any thicker even though they are bigger.

I'll be sure to post pics of my new Jeep once I get it!

·
Banned
362 Posts
Welcome to the forum... I had two GC SRT's before buying the TH. The vehicles look almost identical externally except for a few badging changes and they drive pretty much the same under normal driving conditions... That's where it ends. The launch and acceleration is nothing like the SRT. The first few times I launched the TH, I thought to myself, how can any production vehicle take such brutal launches. (I've seen 3.0 to 60 mph and getting 3.1 to 3.3 it pretty easy, especially in cooler air temps) Almost as impressive is it's passing power. Mash the gas at ~70 mph and you are doing 100+ in a few seconds. (~110 to 160+ in kph :wink2:) I've only taken mine to ~150mph (240 kph) so far but it was stable and still accelerating strong when I ran out of testosterone. Gas mileage is a little worse than the SRT, which is to be expected but it's not that bad if you can keep your foot out of it.

It's eats tires, just like the SRT's and the brake dust is just as bad. But, all of that is secondary when you find that you can't get the grin off your face from those unbelievable launches.

I'm not sure about the SRT wheels fitting or not but there are a number of threads on this broad that talk about that. I haven't read them and living in Texas, I don't worry much about needing winter tires.

·
Registered
695 Posts
I haven’t experienced the brake dust complaint that many others have, but maybe I’m not as anal with it. The passing when already at speed is probably more impressive then off the line imo. When I’m on the highway and want to pass someone, they are literally in my rear view mirror before they even know what hit them. And I like to always make sure that they’re mumbling to themselves ‘wtf was that!’ after the pass. 😏

I really don’t get how they’re selling any SRTs anymore with the TH. I was looking at one of the dealer’s websites from a link someone posted in another thread, and there was only like a 10k difference in asking price between the two models. Wtf. Who would prefer the SRT for that nominal of a savings?!? Sounds downright stupid to me.

·
Banned
362 Posts
I don't understand why they keep making, or why anyone is buying GC SRT's anymore. As you said, the price difference between a SRT and TH is pretty small but from my perspective, the performance difference is huge. I could almost understand it if the TH was hard to drive/handle as a daily driver, but it's not. Very refined and smooth, until you release the beast.

As far as the brake dust, I've found the best solutions is to get the satin black wheels so it doesn't show nearly as bad and/or change out the brake pads to a harder compound. I have numerous Vettes and never had a noticeable brake dust problem. Not sure why FCA doesn't fix it. Seems like an easy fix.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Also a question about my SRT winter rims. Do you think they will fit over the bigger TH front calipers? They just barely clear the SRT ones but I'm hoping the TH ones aren't any thicker even though they are bigger.
I think you'll find the 9.0 rims won't clear. Not sure about 9.5 but 10 you should be okay.

·
Registered
99 Posts
I don't understand why they keep making, or why anyone is buying GC SRT's anymore. As you said, the price difference between a SRT and TH is pretty small but from my perspective, the performance difference is huge. I could almost understand it if the TH was hard to drive/handle as a daily driver, but it's not. Very refined and smooth, until you release the beast.

As far as the brake dust, I've found the best solutions is to get the satin black wheels so it doesn't show nearly as bad and/or change out the brake pads to a harder compound. I have numerous Vettes and never had a noticeable brake dust problem. Not sure why FCA doesn't fix it. Seems like an easy fix.
I changed the pads on my Hellcat and the dust went away almost completely, however the stopping power seemed to diminish as well. It still stopped but they did not inspire the confidence of the stock pads.

·
Premium Member
341 Posts
Welcome to the coolest place on earth my brother to the north.

The SRT8 Grand Cherokee seemed to for surely set the base for the TrackHawk as I see alot of members are former SRT8 owners or still have them. Makes me wonder how much better can FCA do on this platform?

Congrats on the TrackHawk and keep in mind I am only 15 minutes from the Canadian bridge in Michigan. We are here for any and all of your perfomance needs.

Sincerely
Scott

1 - 10 of 10 Posts