Jeep TrackHawk Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Welcome and congratulations on the TH. Did you wrap the hood in gloss black vinyl? What are your early impressions about the intake and how long did it take to order it? Drive safe.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Welcome to the forum from a fellow Tennessean and congrats on the purchase! Like to hear your CAI. I am waiting on the LMI LegMaker CAI for mine.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I did wrap the hood in a matte black vinyl. I was going to buy a new hood but aftermarket hoods never seem to line up correctly from my experiences. I also tinted the taillights and windows. I tried to do a white/black theme. And the intake is working great. It definitely sounds better from stock and I’ve had no issues. I cant really say if I gained anything bc I put the intake on the day after I received the car. It took about 2-3 days to get after I ordered it. The guys at BWoody were great.

·
Registered
110 Posts
The hood looks really nice. Gives it that sinister look. Post up some pics whenever you can. Glad to hear that you are happy with the intake, I might order one down the line.

What percentage tint did you have for the front windows? I have an appointment next week and was debating between 35% and 20%.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I did 20% and matched the back windows. The 35% you can still see in the car on a sunny day. But at night the 20% can be hard to see if you live in a rural area. Most of the streets by me are lit pretty good so it’s not an issue for me. It’s just preference. The darker the window the better it looks to me. I’ll post some pics in a few days when I get back in town.

Attachments

·
Registered
110 Posts
I did 20% and matched the back windows. The 35% you can still see in the car on a sunny day. But at night the 20% can be hard to see if you live in a rural area. Most of the streets by me are lit pretty good so it’s not an issue for me. It’s just preference. The darker the window the better it looks to me. I’ll post some pics in a few days when I get back in town.
Thanks. Your TH looks beautiful. Have you considered extending that black wrap all the way along the A pillars and roof? It would look wild imho. Maybe something to consider down the line.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I’ve thought about wrapping it but I’m trying to get the look of the challenger hellcat with black hood. Originally that’s the car I wanted but went with the TH instead. I wish they would have made that an option with the TH instead of using the SRT hood.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts