Jeep TrackHawk Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just installed Legmaker CAI on my ‘21 Trackhawk and have a few questions. During disassembly I had 2 connections on the upper portion of air box. One I assume plugs into elbow on bottom of tubing, but other is an electrical type connection and found no where where it would plug in on new set up, just leave it unplugged? Also, had this in box, any idea what it is? Took it for a spin and everything seemed fine. Shut it off and was about to head out and now have a ses light. Didn’t pull the code because I was in a hurry so took other vehicle. Is it common to throw a ses light after cai install?
Sleeve Wood Grey Pink Sportswear

·
Registered
57 Posts
Take a look at JLT’s CAI install instructions, they include a part similar to the one above and go through the whole install. You need to remove the one part from the stock air box and transfer it to that piece.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks

·
Registered
59 Posts
Make sure ur air intake sensor O-ring isnt damaged. That will throw a code. What code did it throw? Or just replace the sensor all-together if that works better for u. Im betting thats why ur throwing a code.

Btw, U dont need that shield. Looks kinda silly anyways imo. Buy the Cortez ice tank and put it there. Will look better and give u 2 extra gallons of coolant. Win-win.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Took a look at JLT instructions and those steps are definitely not in the one from Legmaker I had. When I get off work today I’ll finish up the install correctly. Was throwing P2C90 which is crankcase vent system. Makes sense seeing I had stock harness plugged into elbow on cai which was not a great fit.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Send some pics of this install please. I have a 21 TH as well and wanted the LM intake but it was unavailable. Went with the AFE intake instead, but I feel I’d like to go the LM route if yours is fitting properly

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Send some pics of this install please. I have a 21 TH as well and wanted the LM intake but it was unavailable. Went with the AFE intake instead, but I feel I’d like to go the LM route if yours is fitting properly
Here are a few pictures. No issues with install other than a few steps missing from instructions.
Motor vehicle Hood Automotive design Automotive lighting Automotive exterior
Hood Motor vehicle Automotive design Vehicle Automotive tire

·
Registered
198 Posts
Not a big fan of JLT or Legmaker. JLT doesn't have a ANY separator from headers heat, so sucking all that HOT air, thus negates that "cold air" intake. I think Legmaker provides the separator but people don't put them for some reason, WHY?

Best I found to be AFE intakes, they're enclosed and they suck air from the front and than from bottom like original intake. However, slight fitment issue, there are some gaps here and there but fixable with weatherstripping gasket, so it enclosed completely from the engine.

·
Super Moderator
2,432 Posts
Not a big fan of JLT or Legmaker. JLT doesn't have a ANY separator from headers heat, so sucking all that HOT air, thus negates that "cold air" intake. I think Legmaker provides the separator but people don't put them for some reason, WHY?

Best I found to be AFE intakes, they're enclosed and they suck air from the front and than from bottom like original intake. However, slight fitment issue, there are some gaps here and there but fixable with weatherstripping gasket, so it enclosed completely from the engine.
I think you have those two backwards. There is no separation for the LMI but I think the JLT does have a box. I run an interchiller so intake temps are not affected.

·
Registered
198 Posts
I think you have those two backwards. There is no separation for the LMI but I think the JLT does have a box. I run an interchiller so intake temps are not affected.
If it has a box in a kit, ok, but I haven't see anyone use it. It's like they're missing the point on why it's there.

·
Registered
198 Posts
Honestly, an intake isn’t going to do much else but amplify the blower whine. That interchiller makes all the difference.
I'm not sure what interchiller you're talking about. I/C Coolant is for the Supercharger, same as the engine coolant to cool down the engine, it's not to cool down the air that coming in. Do you have additional interchiller that I'm missing here?

·
Registered
57 Posts
I'm not sure what interchiller you're talking about. I/C Coolant is for the Supercharger, same as the engine coolant to cool down the engine, it's not to cool down the air that coming in. Do you have additional interchiller that I'm missing here?
The interchiller cools the S/C coolant which cools down the IAT’s (incoming air is cooled by the Air to water intercooler and the interchiller cools the intercooler coolant). The cooler your S/C coolant is, the cooler your IAT’s are. The supercharger does not need coolant to cool itself down, only to cool the incoming air down as it passes through the intercooler.

·
Registered
198 Posts
The interchiller cools the S/C coolant which cools down the IAT’s (incoming air is cooled by the Air to water intercooler and the interchiller cools the intercooler coolant). The cooler your S/C coolant is, the cooler your IAT’s are. The supercharger does not need coolant to cool itself down, only to cool the incoming air down as it passes through the intercooler.
Maybe I'm missing something. Does anyone have diagram of how Hellcat Supercharger works?

·
Registered
61 Posts
Maybe I'm missing something. Does anyone have diagram of how Hellcat Supercharger works?
There is probably confusion between the stock “intercooler” and the products labeled “interchiller”.

the interchillers are add ons that cool the fluid flowing through the stock intercooler (that is my understanding only).

·
Registered
57 Posts
just Google any positive displacement (TVS or twin screw) supercharger, it is all the same idea. The interchiller works in conjunction with the heat exchanger to cool down the IAT’s.

·
Super Moderator
2,432 Posts
The blower has two fluid to air intercoolers. That fluid then circulates via pump to an air to air intercooler by the radiator. The interchiller replaces the air to air intercooler and then uses the refrigerant from the AC line to cool the fluid that goes into the blower intercooler, resulting in lower IAT’s. I run below ambient, should’ve grabbed a pic of the IAT but you can see the IC fluid temp vs ambient and that’s only a stage one with the cabin AC running.

·
Registered
198 Posts
There is probably confusion between the stock “intercooler” and the products labeled “interchiller”.

the interchillers are add ons that cool the fluid flowing through the stock intercooler (that is my understanding only).
That's what I was thinking. All in all, these engines are heat producers, would it be better for the intake to sucks only cold air, instead of sucking heat from the engine bay (headers) when air intake is completely open under the engine bay.

Pretty cool actually.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts