Jeep TrackHawk Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have any of you had your TH's worked on by Hennessey near Houston? I have always heard great things, but haven't used him yet while residing in FT Worth. I am looking at starting with the HPE850 but wanted to get some feedback on pros and cons from anyone that has had there TH, or any other car for that matter, worked on by him. Dropping 10-30k for performance so want to make sure feedback is outstanding. Thanks

·
Registered
582 Posts
For what they’ll charge, you could get a top rated Hemi tuner to do same for half their price.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
30 Posts
I don't have anything to add other than Hennessey doesn't seem to provide much "bang for your buck." Also I find it personally obnoxious that the pricing for their various packages isn't readily outlined on their website. But assuming the HPE850 package starts on the lower end of your spectrum ($10k), any one of the tuning shops that frequent this forum offer comparable packages for like half the price.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Wow very interesting and thank you all for your quick replies. Greatly appreciate it. Not sure where any of yall live, but would you know any others around the DFW area within 200-400 miles that you would recommend? If not no worries, but trying to gauge some good places and not just people who say they "work" on them.

·
Registered
695 Posts
Have any of you had your TH's worked on by Hennessey near Houston? I have always heard great things, but haven't used him yet while residing in FT Worth. I am looking at starting with the HPE850 but wanted to get some feedback on pros and cons from anyone that has had there TH, or any other car for that matter, worked on by him. Dropping 10-30k for performance so want to make sure feedback is outstanding. Thanks
You’re getting outstanding feedback, it’s just outstandingly bad. With as piss poor as this guy’s reputation is, I wonder how he’s even still in business. Removing the reputation part of it for argument’s sake just for a moment, it’s already been noted that you can get the same types of performance gains for far less money. Where there’s smoke there’s 🔥, unless you like getting burned maybe you should look for another shop.

·
Registered
267 Posts
you could send it to Livernois for a 1025 package, have flex fuel capacity, for $ 6500 installed and get it back SHIPPED both ways for under 10K in 3 weeks and know that your doing what plenty (Scott, throw me a number here?) of people have successfully done. or any other reputable shops like Demon who isn't tooo far from you (SC), sounds like a lietens 2.72 might be perfect for you.

or go with Hennessey and regret it. You will find nobody out there whose had a Hennessy vehicle in the last 10 years and lived to talk about it lol

Reactions: Rauchy99

·
Registered
412 Posts
Wow very interesting and thank you all for your quick replies. Greatly appreciate it. Not sure where any of yall live, but would you know any others around the DFW area within 200-400 miles that you would recommend? If not no worries, but trying to gauge some good places and not just people who say they "work" on them.
Unfortunately, there just aren't any with outstanding reputations around DFW (and that is where I live). It's disappointing because the guys I have used for my LS-based Corvettes are great here in Addison, but they don't do Mopar stuff.

Reactions: Rauchy99

·
Premium Member
341 Posts
Good afternoon my fellow brothers and sisters.

We have done over a 100 plus S1025 install packages here in the shop and that does no include the other packages like the S900 and S975 all done by our highly trained technicians and set up for E85 with flex fuel capability by the best calibration team in the business. Hope this helps you "Bloody"

I know shipping a vehicle across country can get expensive and nerve racking. For that we do offer mail order packages that you can install or have a shop install the package for you. This save you money and anxiety.

Mail ORDER S1025 BUNDLE $4865.00 with transmission tuning and shipping.

Like always call text or e-mail me for any help or ordering parts and packages.

Sincerely
Scott
Office 313-561-5500 ext 122
Cell 313-213-0273
E-mail [email protected]

·
Registered
130 Posts
Thank you all for your feedback. I appreciate it and will def look into some that you all mentioned. Looking to get this thing tuned sooner than later.
Mail order the Livernois 1025 kit. Then find a good tech at a local CDJ store, pay him cash to do the install, put on diaper, drive away and crap your pants!!>:)

·
Registered
128 Posts
Good afternoon my fellow brothers and sisters.

We have done over a 100 plus S1025 install packages here in the shop and that does no include the other packages like the S900 and S975 all done by our highly trained technicians and set up for E85 with flex fuel capability by the best calibration team in the business. Hope this helps you "Bloody"

I know shipping a vehicle across country can get expensive and nerve racking. For that we do offer mail order packages that you can install or have a shop install the package for you. This save you money and anxiety.

Mail ORDER S1025 BUNDLE $4865.00 with transmission tuning and shipping.

Like always call text or e-mail me for any help or ordering parts and packages.

Sincerely
Scott
Office 313-561-5500 ext 122
Cell 313-213-0273
E-mail [email protected]
****! 4865 for 850 whp....I don't know that there is a better dollar per HP mod out there! I would seriously consider it if not for the crank pinning part....that has me nervous...

·
Registered
695 Posts
****! 4865 for 850 whp....I don't know that there is a better dollar per HP mod out there! I would seriously consider it if not for the crank pinning part....that has me nervous...
Can someone please explain to me the crank pinning. I keep seeing it being talked about, but don’t know what it is.

·
Premium Member
341 Posts
Thank you all for your feedback. I appreciate it and will def look into some that you all mentioned. Looking to get this thing tuned sooner than later.
It’s so the harmonic balancer does not slip.

https://youtu.be/VF8pfPXAYhg

There it is. Thanks for the video. By pinning the crank that is a permanent way to prevent the crankshaft from spinning on the crank which results in the crank bolt loosening up and backing off which can result in the crank pulley walking off and damaging a lot of parts.

Hope this helps

Sincerely
Scott

·
Registered
695 Posts
Got it. Thanks guys.

This crank spinning isn’t an issue with the current 707 horsepower?

What are the cons, or negatives, with pinning the crank?

·
Registered
30 Posts
In a recent series of threads outlining their performance upgrade packages, Mike from OST Dyno indicated that they have seen evidence of the crank spinning even on stock Hellcat motors, so they recommend pinning it. I'm certainly no expert, but the cons seem to be that A) you'll definitely void your warranty and B) You're drilling into the crank so you definitely don't wanna screw it up.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts