Jeep TrackHawk Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I noticed that a lot of you guys who live in states that require front and rear license plates had to drill your front bumpers! How awful! In PA we are only given one tag for the rear.
When I lived in NJ and had my SRT I refused to drill the front bumper and a friend turned me on to "hide the plate". I can't post the link to the site as I am only a JR member, but it can be found easily.

The motorized unit worked great and the hide the plate mounts under the front bumper. It can be operated with a small fob so that it slides under and is not visible at all or when needed it slides out and up displaying your plate.

Keep your grill nice and neat and give it a shot!

·
Registered
110 Posts
I installed the Sto n Sho front plate holder. It screws into factory screw holes under the front bumper, and you can easily remove the front plate by pulling the pin. Worked out great so I didn’t have to drill any holes

Attachments

·
Registered
18 Posts
I installed the Sto n Sho front plate holder. It screws into factory screw holes under the front bumper, and you can easily remove the front plate by pulling the pin. Worked out great so I didn’t have to drill any holes
i've got the sto n sho too. It's not cheap at $80, and to be honest mine broke when I had it hand washed (or more accurately, the hand wash guys broke it) at the welds. I was able to fix it with JB Weld epoxy, but I was surprised for something so expensive that it'd break so easily. But now it should be crazy strong as the epoxy is ridiculously strong.

·
Registered
34 Posts
With the sto n go, is there any chance of it touching the bumper and marring the paint? My consern is more at higher speeds.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Doesn’t touch the bumper at all. It sits about 1/2 to 3/4 off the bumper. Had it for 2 months so far , no scratching or any marks at all.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts