Jeep TrackHawk Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks all. Should have provided color on where I was. I’ve owned (for context):
- 996 TT
- 997 S
- X5M
- 991 S (what was traded in for the TH)

I can honestly say that this beast hangs with the TT. And crazy to think the paltry 555HP my X5M threw off is woefully underpowered!

·
Registered
695 Posts
Thanks all. Should have provided color on where I was. I’ve owned (for context):
- 996 TT
- 997 S
- X5M
- 991 S (what was traded in for the TH)

I can honestly say that this beast hangs with the TT. And crazy to think the paltry 555HP my X5M threw off is woefully underpowered!
Hey Bert,

You must mean it hangs with the TT when on boost, cause I’m sure the TH would smoke a 996 TT off the line.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hey Bert,

You must mean it hangs with the TT when on boost, cause I’m sure the TH would smoke a 996 TT off the line.
Correct. My TT was heavily modified. I was turning in low 11s on the quarter at 123-125mph. Would expect low 3s on 0-60, but I didn’t ever measure that as it wasn’t relevant. Butt Dyno says comparable.

·
Registered
695 Posts
Correct. My TT was heavily modified. I was turning in low 11s on the quarter at 123-125mph. Would expect low 3s on 0-60, but I didn’t ever measure that as it wasn’t relevant. Butt Dyno says comparable.
Understood. I’ve got some P cars too, but their all 930’s. Is your 996 TT manual or tip? I was considering adding a 996 TT to my collection, but I haven’t driven a tip TT yet.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
What’s your impression of the tip? I assume a tip was almost a necessity with as much power as you had.
tranny (torque converter) is your biggest limitation with the Tip. Guys with manual TT routinely trotted out bigger HP beasts. That said, buddy of mine had a Tip like mine and was at over 1,000 HP with a completely rebuilt tranny. Mine was lightly modded and I was just over 850.

·
Registered
695 Posts
tranny (torque converter) is your biggest limitation with the Tip. Guys with manual TT routinely trotted out bigger HP beasts. That said, buddy of mine had a Tip like mine and was at over 1,000 HP with a completely rebuilt tranny. Mine was lightly modded and I was just over 850.
I’d be content with a stock Turbo S Cab. For the same reason I enjoy my 4 speed turbo’s over the 5 speed, I’m wondering if with the added power a 996 TT has, that the tip is the way to go.

Anyways...I haven’t even taken delivery of the TH yet, or the last 930 I just bought. So maybe I should at least wait until those arrive. 😏

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Let me tell ya, the Turbo S (obviously limited to 2005), is stout. So is the X50 package. Both are fabulous stock high performance options for you. Both work well for fun driving!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Going to go one step further for you. A stock Tip TT (non S) with an ECU flash, will pin your ears back plenty me leave you smiling.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts