Jeep TrackHawk Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’ve searched around a bit and I’m not seeing anyone who has done it. I installed the carbon fiber demon hood from black ops, and I’m leaning towards installing the hood pins with lanyard.
Has anyone done this? And if so how did it go and do you have pictures?

·
Registered
66 Posts
Curious, do you see that hood move when driving? I love the hood, I'm just too lazy to paint it & have the whole thing covered in clear bra since I don't love the CF look on the exterior of the vehicle & the finish of CF gets tore up pretty easy. If I ever pulled the trigger on it I certainly wouldn't be able to deal with seeing the hood vibrating.

·
Premium Member
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Curious, do you see that hood move when driving? I love the hood, I'm just too lazy to paint it & have the whole thing covered in clear bra since I don't love the CF look on the exterior of the vehicle & the finish of CF gets tore up pretty easy. If I ever pulled the trigger on it I certainly wouldn't be able to deal with seeing the hood vibrating.
It doesn’t move no. 1. I like the look of the hood pins. 2. The hood hasn’t totally settled in and the left side is a bit higher than the right. So I was thinking maybe that would force it down.
I hear you on the cf. it’s not for everyone. My wife looked at it and said I like your old hood better haha. So I get it.

·
Registered
111 Posts
It doesn’t move no. 1. I like the look of the hood pins. 2. The hood hasn’t totally settled in and the left side is a bit higher than the right. So I was thinking maybe that would force it down.
I hear you on the cf. it’s not for everyone. My wife looked at it and said I like your old hood better haha. So I get it.
pics???

·
Registered
66 Posts
Haha, my wife would do the exact same thing. Tell she cannot drive it now. : ) I still prefer the look of that hood over factory. I think it looks bitchin. Keep us posted.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts