Jeep TrackHawk Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thinking about adding some color to my hood and/or roof. I have an all black hawk, tinted windows and windshield, exchanged the grill inserts for gloss black. Other exterior features are stock for now.

Looking for suggestions on hood and/or roof color. I'm planning to test my hand at vinyl wrapping these pieces myself, if it sucks I can just start over or give it up.
I've also thought about making two strips on the hood going back from the vents.

I see plenty THs with different colored hoods or other features, but haven't come across an all black truck with other large panels being a different color --- always the other way around (white/blue/red/etc. body with black hood)

Another thing I'm researching is plasti-dipping some parts to try and match the calipers. Namely the lower bumper inserts rings (the ones that match the grill inserts), Supercharged emblem, and the inner field of the Trackhawk emblem. I have the Daytona yellow plasti-dip, but the can lid doesn't look as similar to the calipers as I wanted. Any product out there that would color match the calipers?

·
Registered
520 Posts
I like the thought of being different and sounds like a good theme. I wish I could see a photo shop picture of exactly what you are talking about. I think Vinyl wrapping might hold up better than plasti-dip depending on how often you drive it or where you live.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I like the thought of being different and sounds like a good theme. I wish I could see a photo shop picture of exactly what you are talking about. I think Vinyl wrapping might hold up better than plasti-dip depending on how often you drive it or where you live.
Automotive parking light Car Plant Grille Vehicle registration plate

this is one idea.
My other idea is the entire hood, I think that’s self explanatory

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Personally, I like that idea vs the entire hood.
Yeah, leaning that way. Not sure the color, any thoughts?
Like I mentioned in my OP, I've considered adding yellow accents (this would be part of that) to match the calipers. Or silver, white, or red for these hood pieces.

Appreciate the input.

Looks like we got our trucks around the same time, though I'm on a 2018. Having as much fun in 2022 as I am? Done or planning any work?

·
Premium Member
146 Posts
Being pretty conservative, I’d probably stick with the black on grey, maybe even grey out the calipers. De badged, exhaust, catch can, some security features, nothing like some of the other owners on this forum.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yep, probably just gonna stick with just putting some vinyl on the scooped out parts of the hood.
I really like the yellow calipers on my all black. I know I'd like it on your grey, but to each their own.

In addition to what you plan to do, add a CAI, you'll love the supercharger whine. I have a Compustar with Drone alarm/GPS, would recommend when you are ready for those security features.

·
Registered
10 Posts
All black but I’m half debadged and added a gun metal gray hellhawk badge. Also lowered on Eibachs. I’ve seen some all black THs do the thin off center yellow racing strips from front to back and those look pretty cool but it was a little too flashy for my personal taste. I know I would get sick of it but again, looked cool. I also added the SRT ninja tint kit to black out a lot of the red in the taillights and the side mirror directionals. Planning on doing the front headlight blinkers too
Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Window

·
Registered
10 Posts
I have a black hawk and went with carbon fiber accents except for the brakes. At night, the hood looks like the rest of the car unless you’re up close - but during the day: View attachment 11062
I have that same blackops lip but I opted to paint mine. I love CF but every CF part I’ve ever had never looked good after a year or two. I’ve heard Blackops uses better clear coating and it doesn’t yellow or turn cloudy. How’s yours holding up? Looks great!!

·
Registered
59 Posts
I have that same blackops lip but I opted to paint mine. I love CF but every CF part I’ve ever had never looked good after a year or two. I’ve heard Blackops uses better clear coating and it doesn’t yellow or turn cloudy. How’s yours holding up? Looks great!!
All the Blackops parts I have are holding up really well (knock on wood). I had all CF PPF'd and ceramic coated prior to install as well.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts