Jeep TrackHawk Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As they say, to each his own,but I wanted to put a stripe on the hood….here is how it turned out….the center domed portion of the hood can be seen clearly from the side too…..not sure too many will like the idea but if you do I also attached the dimensions used. 3M 1080 gloss carbon flash tape.

Attachments

·
Registered
78 Posts
As they say, to each his own,but I wanted to put a stripe on the hood….here is how it turned out….the center domed portion of the hood can be seen clearly from the side too…..not sure too many will like the idea but if you do I also attached the dimensions used. 3M 1080 gloss carbon flash tape.
I like it, I've seen one where the entire hood was done in black. Breaks up the color of the vehicle and and goes nicely with the black accents.

·
Registered
33 Posts
As a vinyl and clearbra guy in an old life, I can say that looks great! I agree, no point in doing the roof and the rear end has too much going on to consider that too. I've done a sh-ton of these kind of stripes, mostly on Mini Coopers and most of my customers requested completing the look by going all the way down the bumper as well. Any consideration?

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
As a vinyl and clearbra guy in an old life, I can say that looks great! I agree, no point in doing the roof and the rear end has too much going on to consider that too. I've done a sh-ton of these kind of stripes, mostly on Mini Coopers and most of my customers requested completing the look by going all the way down the bumper as well. Any consideration?

Nope - also too complicated....just wanted sometime on the hood to really mostly be seem from the sides......

·
Registered
267 Posts
YEEEAAAAHHHH!!! now its going to look Great. looks well done to begin with, bumper will be harder but you got it.

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Hi guys wondering what your opinion in on what I did to mine?

Question about the front below grill, bumper and splitter ….. how did you finish the tape ends ……. did you tuck the ends under (if so how did you hold the plastic up) or did you just trim the end very flush with the adjacent plastic?

·
Registered
267 Posts
that stripe is finally complete! very nice, that taper really makes it.

srt emblem might be better suited on the door, looks strange there my .02, but who will notice with that awesome stripe!
@Mpsrt8

Awesome man, really great with the pinstripe and taking it all the way to the back. what is that wrap, Composite carbon fiber? looks super clean.

·
Registered
267 Posts
nice, looks good with the red! if you decide to bring it all the way to the back that would be idea,l I think, but obviously more $$.

MPSRT8-- what wrap is yours? composite carbon fiber?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Neat!!! I was thinking of adding a dark blue (Shelby blue) stripe myself! It looks great!!

·
Super Moderator
1,443 Posts
Both look bad ass and I like you guys are being different. the tapered front on the red one is very cool and great idea. the pinstripe and the weird pattern in the white one looks sick also. then to top both off you guys did that stuff yourselfs, lol no way could I so props for that also.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts