Jeep TrackHawk Forum banner
1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I understand it has to be connected with a cord for Carplay. What storage options do I have that won't throw the phone across the cabin when I accelerate hard?

·
Registered
267 Posts
get a mount for your air vents, been working well for me. and use a 36" cord to keep it realtively clean looking. I have an 8 plus and it does not fit in the front digital console. the music quality on CarPlay is better than bluetooth.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Before your question I had thought about posting my setup as I thought it was noval. I ran the wires up and through the back of the console and that was the toughest part of the install. You will need a flexible mechanical fingers or wire hanger to pull the cords though. In addition to the iPhone cord I ran Aux and power to kids TVs in the back. It all looks professional as you can’t see any wires.

Back to the phone. Run the cord through the back of the center stack and out the drivers footwell. Then back up and out the steering column leather boot. There is a generous hole at the bottom for the cord to come out. Then run it up to your phone on the left A-pilar using the mount. I ordered a 6’ black lightning cable for this install. White would not look good in here.

See all pics. Tell me what you think? (Sorry about the picture orientation, I don’t know why the forum flipped them as they are not like that in my phone).

Attachments

·
Registered
128 Posts
Cup holder is fail if you carry passengers and always have a beverage :/ I like your solution hellhawked, but I think I like the vent holder that Mike has better. Mike is there anything you don't like about your setup? And Hellhawked, can you show us pictures of your media setup as I'd love to do that for my girls?!

·
Registered
385 Posts
Cup holder is fail if you carry passengers and always have a beverage :/ I like your solution hellhawked, but I think I like the vent holder that Mike has better. Mike is there anything you don't like about your setup? And Hellhawked, can you show us pictures of your media setup as I'd love to do that for my girls?!
There is NO food or drink in the Hawk, period, so no problems using the cup holder. My car My rules.
And giving up an A/C vent during summer in Texas is not “cool”

·
Registered
582 Posts
Vent idea is great, mine is just starting to lose grip about 6 months into owning it. It was only $10, so I’m sure there are better options available.

This one actually stays put and has been fairly robust as I’m in and out of car often everyday, so it gets serious use.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
168 Posts
Downsides to a vent clip are you lose the vent - lol. I like where it sits all tucked up next to the A-pillar.

For the DVD players they are inexpensive but work great. They are NOT Blu-ray compatible but all our kids movies are cheap DVDs so no issue for us. They link via a cable that you can tuck behind the hard plastic back on the seats. So both can play off one player and audio is through the infotainment Aux input. You can hardwire the power but I was lazy and used the cig lighter option. All the wires are out of sight. Looks like a pro install but anyone can do it in less than an hour or so.
https://www.ebay.com/i/192351890109...4%26rvr_ts%3D87cb2c4a1680aa662a254b94fff57bf5

·
Registered
128 Posts
Lol Vaako....I don't condone food, but it is Texas for me too which means hot weather and cold beverages some times! If not for that the cup holder would be ideal!

Joe, I have a couple of cheap dvd players, but just picking the girls up from daycare makes it kind of annoying to turn it on and hit play without the remote! I like your ingenuity.

1 - 20 of 49 Posts