Jeep TrackHawk Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is there a video or directions how to change the blower belt on a Trackhawk? Want to swap the original for the Gates k100579hd. TIA

·
Super Moderator
2,296 Posts
It’s not rocket surgery. Take a pic of the belt config or look it up, then take off the serpentine belt and the SC belt after that. Any hellcat belt video should show you if your struggling with it. I found a serpentine belt tool helps though.

·
Registered
412 Posts
Reactions: Double G

·
Registered
379 Posts
Is there a video or directions how to change the blower belt on a Trackhawk? Want to swap the original for the Gates k100579hd. TIA
https://www.jeeptrackhawk.org/forum/602-jeep-trackhawk-issues-problems/5952-supercharger-belt-snapped.html

There was a discussion on belts back in March of this (2019). Here is a post of mine regarding the different gates belts.

“I got real curious about the various part numbers supplied and decided to call Gates today. Here is what I found out regarding the different part numbers.

The link supplied by @PBGas was very helpful.

Gates K100579HD is correct for the TH, but I found out after talking to Bill (at gates.com) that part number K100579RPM is a better replacement option as it was designed for the supercharger stress and is more stretch resistant. ( Again you can decide for your self, as Bill did state this is a replacement option for the HC motor.)

As far as Gates K060846HD, this will fit the TH, but again after talking to Bill, part K060834 will work and is more to OEM specs.

I asked about where to buy and it was recommended to buy from an authorized parts supplier, NAPA, O'Reilly, etc VS. an Amazon. His reasoning was backing up of warranty.

I know that I have priced part numbers on Amazon and O'Reilly, but the little voice in the back of my head keeps saying is the couple bucks worth it vs. being able to go just down the street to the local parts supplier.

I am going to go with the advice from Bill ( the gates tech guy). This is my 2 cents on the subject and again you can decide for yourself.“

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the additional info. Maybe it'll become apparent when I get in there, but looks like I just need to find the SC tensioner and lock on to the bolt and pull? Then the belt slips off.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Vaako, it was your post that I found to confirm the belt needed. Thanks for the in depth notes. Now just need to make sure I don't eff anything up when I try to replace myself.

·
Registered
412 Posts
Thanks for the additional info. Maybe it'll become apparent when I get in there, but looks like I just need to find the SC tensioner and lock on to the bolt and pull? Then the belt slips off.
Yes, it is that easy. It's pretty obvious once you pop the hood and locate the tensioner pulleys for both the S-belt and supercharger belt. You can't screw it up. If you get the belt(s) off, they only go back on one way, and the tensioner is also a one-way proposition.

Reactions: McGizzle
1 - 7 of 7 Posts