Jeep TrackHawk Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So when I drive the TH I hear a humming or howling sound. It's not constant but it is faint then gets louder and then faint. Anyone have that issue? And it's not the supercharger. I have a hellcat challenger so I'm use to that sound. It sounds like tires or brakes?

·
Registered
695 Posts
The quality control sucks on this suv. I’ve got a creeky passenger seat that drives me nuts, I can even hear it over the stereo. The only time it’s not making noise is when someone is sitting in the seat. I’ve also got some debris trapped inside the glass of one of my windows. It’s not on one side or the other, it’s literally embedded in the glass.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Maybe some of these problems can be fixed by the dealership under warranty? Faulty parts from factory should be covered and I'd assume debris in window counts as one, maybe even the creaky seat.

·
Registered
6 Posts
What you are describing sounds like your differentials. Does the sound change with throttle input? If its the gears in your differential, the sound should get softer or almost go away entirely under light throttle but come back when you are off throttle and coasting. If it is your differential, you can try flushing the fluid but if you have done actual damage to the gears, then it may not help much.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Not really under acceleration. It's at about 75 and on freeway. Depending on the road surface dictate the volume of the sound. Almost like the tires but that would be constants and this seems to but like a bearing going out.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Yes, I had the same thing. At exactly 1,700 rpm in any gear. It comes and goes and I have noticed it several times in the 11 months I have had the car. It can be very load and is sort of a reverberation. It was bad and then I drove for a few hours through some serious rain about a month ago and I haven’t heard it since. Strange!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts