Jeep TrackHawk Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How would you say the optional upgraded Harmon Kardon system sounds? Clarity? Bass? Loud and still clean?

·
Registered
655 Posts
I'm sure the younger guys will want a bunch more bass and volume, but to my old ears, it's darn near perfect.

Lots of power and clarity, even when on satellite radio. On digital media it's even better. I don't need to change or upgrade anything. It's much better than many, many, many other OEM stereos I've tried.

Reactions: ThawkMike

·
Super Moderator
2,294 Posts
Pretty good for stock. It definitely won’t due for an audiophile but not bad at all. Does well with bass until it gets low, could be a little crisper on the highs but great for 99% of people. Personally the bass needs to be a tad better but it’s only noticeable at high volumes on tracks where you want to feel the bass. On the other hand, it’s a car not a club, so there’s that.

·
Super Moderator
225 Posts
It's very subjective of course... I agree with Lil Hemi almost word for word.

It is the best factory system I have heard, but I still find myself wanting just a little more in the bass dept for some songs.

I plan to eventually replace the sub with the JL Audio Stealthbox and dedicated amp. From all of the reviews, that should not only add the bass I am looking for but also allow me to crank the bass in the factory EQ back which should improve clarity to the rest of the speakers.

I will say though, before my first Jeep SRT purchase with this system, upgrading the sound system was always top of my mod list, but now the TrackHawk is our THIRD JGC purchase with it (over 8 years) and on all of them I have wanted to replace the sub but the factory system was good enough that I never quite got around to it.

·
Super Moderator
1,420 Posts
I'm sure the younger guys will want a bunch more bass and volume, but to my old ears, it's darn near perfect.

Lots of power and clarity, even when on satellite radio. On digital media it's even better. I don't need to change or upgrade anything. It's much better than many, many, many other OEM stereos I've tried.
dead on! would not nearly be loud enough in my 20s even 30s but now my old ass thinks its to loud,lmao
only a few songs (old school rap) has the bass not been able to hang but most of the time i listen to rock music and its just fine. it keeps up with the speed bass easy just not the boom of hip hop.

·
Registered
386 Posts
It's very subjective of course... I agree with Lil Hemi almost word for word.

It is the best factory system I have heard, but I still find myself wanting just a little more in the bass dept for some songs.

I plan to eventually replace the sub with the JL Audio Stealthbox and dedicated amp. From all of the reviews, that should not only add the bass I am looking for but also allow me to crank the bass in the factory EQ back which should improve clarity to the rest of the speakers.

I will say though, before my first Jeep SRT purchase with this system, upgrading the sound system was always top of my mod list, but now the TrackHawk is our THIRD JGC purchase with it (over 8 years) and on all of them I have wanted to replace the sub but the factory system was good enough that I never quite got around to it.
Agree with both here. I added the JL Audio Stealthbox with a dedicated amp pushing all 825 watts of factory amp to the other speakers. Sounds crisp even when the volume dial is set to 35-38 and the bass is perfect for me. It's not the punch you would get with two 10's in a box but the Stealthbox doesn't take up precious cargo room in the rear and provides that extra punch the original system was lacking.

·
Registered
346 Posts
Agree with both here. I added the JL Audio Stealthbox with a dedicated amp pushing all 825 watts of factory amp to the other speakers. Sounds crisp even when the volume dial is set to 35-38 and the bass is perfect for me. It's not the punch you would get with two 10's in a box but the Stealthbox doesn't take up precious cargo room in the rear and provides that extra punch the original system was lacking.
I did exactly this too and couldn't be happier. I still wish the audio went to 50 sometimes. :wink2:

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Is there a place to put the amp near the sub box under the cargo lid in the back? Is there already amp power run from the battery back to that area of the Jeep (near the existing sub)?

·
Registered
386 Posts
Is there a place to put the amp near the sub box under the cargo lid in the back? Is there already amp power run from the battery back to that area of the Jeep (near the existing sub)?
I had an audio shop do my install so I can't tell you if there's already power back there. They put my amp behind the rear seats under the "flap" so it's out of the way and concealed when the rear seats are folded all the way down. Very clean install and the sub looks and sounds great.

·
Registered
78 Posts
They sound great if you listen to anything other than rap / hip-hop. Bass is too heavy and rattles all my door panels lol.

If this is something that may bother you, you may need to have sound deadening material added in between the door panels & door. My fix for now is to resist listening to music at high volumes and turning the bass down almost all of the way. Eventually I’ll add some dynomat if it really bothers me, but overall I say it’s a solid sounding system. Worth it if you got the money!

·
Registered
39 Posts
It's awesome but my 2014 and 16 SRT was much better. I will say that on them if I listened to music full volume to long through my phone it would shut down. I believe they have reworked the system now and it isn't as loud and doesn't shut off.

·
Registered
151 Posts
it's very good. No complaints from me. Loud and clear.

Doesn't touch the B&O System in my wife's Audi though. But i wouldn't expect it to either.

Sort of the difference between a loud rock concert compared to a live symphony.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Very good overall. Still disappointed in satellite sound quality but really happy otherwise

1 - 16 of 16 Posts