Jeep TrackHawk Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Super Moderator
1,670 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey gang. Exactly what do I need to order here? I’m seeing mpvi2, is there anything special I need to know or accessories I’ll need to go with it? Thanks

·
Registered
81 Posts
Be sure to get the mpvi2 pro with the pro link. Do this so you can data log from outside Instruments like wide bands and fuel pressure sensors and whatever else you want to add like a plex knock sensor controller. Is your TH ECU already unlocked with HP tuners? If not you may need one from HP I have tried to use HP Tuners on Diablo unlocked ECUs it’s hot and miss some work others won’t allow you to write a tune file to it. You’ll also need the credits to tune 2 for the engine and 4 for the trans. Any questions with this let me know I use this setup to tune all my vehicles with great success. be sure to do a file read on what’s on your TH now then write it to stock with your previous programmer and get a factory read. Save a copy of the factory file on a flash drive so it’s safe and use your current tune file as a base to start fine tuning. 👍👍

·
Super Moderator
1,670 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
At this point I’m tuned by Livernois and I’ll just be data logging. Depending on what I see, I’ll likely be changing to someone else and then I’ll either need another PCM or have to send this one off again.

·
Registered
220 Posts
I already own HP Tuners MPVI Pro. What bypass devices are available for HP Tuners to work? Will the ECM still need to be modified if just scanning?

·
Registered
220 Posts
I'm gonna give the Z auto Bypass Module a shot. I would hope it allows reading the ECM at least for starters.

·
Super Moderator
1,670 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I’ve got the MVPI2 and there’s a cable you need to purchase as well. Not sure about the previous model.

·
Registered
81 Posts
I already own HP Tuners MPVI Pro. What bypass devices are available for HP Tuners to work? Will the ECM still need to be modified if just scanning?
You should be able to read the original file from the ECM, since you need to send this factory file to HPTuners for them to apply it to a unlocked ECM. you will also need the smart access cable and the HPTuners modified ECM to have all of the read write and special functions.

·
Registered
220 Posts
You should be able to read the original file from the ECM, since you need to send this factory file to HPTuners for them to apply it to a unlocked ECM. you will also need the smart access cable and the HPTuners modified ECM to have all of the read write and special functions.
Does the smart access cable work with the old MPVI Pro version? What is it used for?

·
Registered
220 Posts
Where do the ends plug into? It doesn't look like a MPVI connector or vehicle diagnostic port connector either.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Remove Passenger Side Lower Right Plastic Trim
Look up above the footwell, remove fabric trim with footwell light
Security module should now be visible on the transmission tunnel, near the passenger side floor vent (Plugs face downward)
It plugs in line with the harness and security module to bypass the security module. ( one end into the harness the other end into the security module)

·
Registered
220 Posts
Remove Passenger Side Lower Right Plastic Trim
Look up above the footwell, remove fabric trim with footwell light
Security module should now be visible on the transmission tunnel, near the passenger side floor vent (Plugs face downward)
It plugs in line with the harness and security module to bypass the security module. ( one end into the harness the other end into the security module)
Thanks for that reply. That is what I suspected, but not sure. I think the device I have coming does the same but costs less. They would both have to be removed before a trip to the dealer or their scanners don't work.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts