Jeep TrackHawk Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just checked their site and they have the Trackhawk's listed as available to be tuned. I got a message on FB a few weeks ago saying their Beta tuning was available as well as TCM tuning. Anyone else going this route? I am a Diablosport guy... have been for 10 years. Run it on my race Jeep. Sadly, they've keft a bad taste in my mouth over the years due to issues with Trinity's and their new system, which appears to be kick ass, I just don't trust yet. It's cooler than the Trinity, but not as good as the Trinity imo(maybe just yet).

In my Hellcat, my tuner used Diablo, but I used HP Tuners to log the car. Have to say their setup is pretty nice. I'm tempted to jump ship for full tuning using HP Tuners. You still need to get an unlocked PCM. They will be becoming available pretty quickly I have a feeling. Once Diablo releases their tuning, I'm sure they'll be selling them like they do for the HC's. I'm just trying to figure out if losing my warranty on this thing will be okay. I've had enough little issues already with it. Decisions decisions decisions.....

·
Registered
22 Posts
Is there any tuners that don't void warranty. What can be done that would not void warranty. And could u just put it back to stock and bring it in for warranty work?

341 Posts
Is there any tuners that don't void warranty. What can be done that would not void warranty. And could u just put it back to stock and bring it in for warranty work?
That is a question for your dealer as far as the voiding of the warranty. We have several dealers in our local area that sell our packages. If you bought a second pcm you could have one for the stock tune and one for modified set up.

·
Registered
695 Posts
That is a question for your dealer as far as the voiding of the warranty. We have several dealers in our local area that sell our packages. If you bought a second pcm you could have one for the stock tune and one for modified set up. Essentially then when you put the stock PCM in the vehicle it would look like nothing was ever done in the PCM.
Isn’t there a sticker that once removed would show that it’s been tampered with? And wouldn't they still be able to tell from the data log? Assuming it’ll show HP and torque that are well above the stock limits.

341 Posts
Gentlemen and ladies who are on the board also.

As far as warranty goes when you have a modded vehicle you should be upfront and honest with your dealer. If that includes asking them about the mods you plan on doing before you get them done ask if that will void your warranty. If they tell you yes that will for surely void your warranty then you know if you go through with that mod whatever happens will be on you. I would rather my dealer tell me yes that will void your warranty than to just do some mods. then something happens and I try and hide it.

After all at the end of the day it is our honesty and integrity that counts. Not trying to cheat or lie about something to gain something.

I hope this clears up some of the warranty. I apologize if there is any confusion from my last post.

JMS935 you are correct on the HP and Torque being well above what the factory limits were.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Listen y'all.... if you tune it, be prepared to lose your warranty. It's that simple. They will know it has been tuned and that's one of the first things they'll look for. Now, if your AC blower motor goes out... it's still covered. They won't deny the entire cars warranty.

Reactions: DemonSkip and Sevo

·
Registered
695 Posts
Listen y'all.... if you tune it, be prepared to lose your warranty. It's that simple. They will know it has been tuned and that's one of the first things they'll look for. Now, if your AC blower motor goes out... it's still covered. They won't deny the entire cars warranty.
So you’re saying for those of us that bought an extended warranty and have no intention of voiding it, we are limited to a cat back exhaust and cold air intake as the only upgrades we can do. I’m impressed with its power and I’m still under 500 miles, so hopefully I’ll be good at 707. Or with a couple of light mods.

·
Registered
501 Posts
+1 JMS935

I don't want any mod that will throw a code in the present or future. I have an extended warranty too.

I live in CA, so I doubt the cold air intake being discussed on another thread would pass muster here with the local CARB-cops.

Anyone: How much of a pain in the azz would it be to replace an aftermarket cold air intake with the stock air filter/duct when necessary to get it smogged, or to visit the dealer for warranty work?
Is it a 30 minute job...60 mins? More??

·
Registered
695 Posts
+1 JMS935

I don't want any mod that will throw a code in the present or future. I have an extended warranty too.

I live in CA, so I doubt the cold air intake being discussed on another thread would pass muster here with the local CARB-cops.

Anyone: How much of a pain in the azz would it be to replace an aftermarket cold air intake with the stock air filter/duct when necessary to get it smogged, or to visit the dealer for warranty work?
Is it a 30 minute job...60 mins? More??
A warranty on a vehicle like this is worth far more than most, which is why I bought an extended warranty. I drove my 2010 GC SRT8 for over 8 years with only the Mopar CAI and cat back exhaust, and I really enjoyed that till the day I sold it last month. So I should be good at 707 HP! If not there’s always the nominal increase a CAI and cat back exhaust would add, maybe we can get close to 750 HP and still have our warranty!

·
Registered
22 Posts
Thank you all! I was given a lifetime power train warranty engine trans etc and spec asked what I could do. Cai and exhaust no problem. When I asked about a tune the sales manager said probably not but then said I could change the pulley. Another salesman has the hellcat and said he did pulley and tune and has over 800 hp and considers what he did to be ok and still in warranty. But I like being honestwith them. Makes for a great relationship.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts