Jeep TrackHawk Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

Didn't find anything in the search... Wanted to see if anyone is using some hub centric wheel spacers to square the wheels to the body for a better look? If so, what brand and where to buy?

In the M3 community, putting hub centric wheel spacers on is what a lot of the enthusiasts do for the added look and better handling. Turner is the brand a lot use and are high quality for the BMW community. It doesn't look like it would take much of a spacer to really enhance the look of the TH, maybe about 1/2" spacer and possibly longer studs if there isn't enough thread.

Thanks

·
Super Moderator
1,420 Posts
Im surprised BMW guys would add spacers and not just buy the correct wheel. with today's wheel company's they will build you what ever fitment you want.

·
Registered
52 Posts
I'm interested in this too to make the front wheels a little more even with the rears.

A vendor mentioned they do staggered offsets to overcome this, but then you can't rotate the wheels which is a bummer...Also the fronts will be more concave.

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
The BMW guys do both the spacers and new wheels but the BMW wheels are nice, so most do spacers. And as much as 20mm with no issues. I have 15mm on the front and 12mm on the rear of my 2011 ZCP E92 M3. It must not be too bad to do as a lot of track BMW's run them also. If you think about it, it is basically just changing the offset of the wheel, much like if you had wheels made. To a certain point, depending on the way the wheel is designed, the offset would be set widening the same area of the wheel on new wheels as a spacer would, so I wouldn't think it would be a problem. Hell, just a 1/4" spacer on the front and maybe 1/8" on the rear would really change the look if the offset is staggered in such a way and you may not even need to change the studs.

The wheels on the TH can be rotated now, correct? Having spacers won't change that, but if you bought new wheels to get that same look, you could no longer rotate them.

·
Registered
4 Posts
It's nice on the BMW side that they use wheel bolts and not studs and nuts. Most spacer kits come with the longer bolts needed. For those with wheel studs, like us, if there isn't enough thread available with the spacer, you need to get longer studs and that is usually expensive. Most times you can do a 5mm spacer easily, maybe 10mm if you are lucky on factory studs.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts