Jeep TrackHawk Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2,114 Posts
Sweet picture. Lol. Reset the code n see if it comes back (that’s the standard step 1). You should’ve already googled the code so you know it’s an indicator that the alternator is the issue, although the factory battery is crap (might be worth getting it tested). If it comes back and you’ve tested the battery, then the alternator is the likely cause. If you rarely drive it, consider a battery tender.

·
Registered
333 Posts
just wondering if anyone else has had this issue
P0456, indicates a small leak in the evaporative emissions system. It's not a big problem, it could be any of these:

EVAP hoses or fuel tank hoses.
A small leak in the purge valve or vent valve.
Leaking EVAP Canister.

·
Registered
159 Posts
My tire wore thru left rear inner fender liner, my suspension is lowered, the small plastic line was toward the outside of metal filler pipe and rubbed a hole in the line. I was having trouble filling up with gas at some stations, dealership wouldn't help said they had never heard of this problem. So I ordered new gas fill line which comes with plastic evap line. Haven't had any problems filling up since. Just make sure to route plastic evap line behind gas fill tube.
Left Rear inner fender.jpg

·
Registered
325 Posts
I had the same left rear liner rub marks. I rerouted all lines behind the filler tube when I replaced the liner.

·
Registered
159 Posts
lol same thing I just said to myself.
Just had my left rear tire off to grease BWoody suspension no sign of rubbing since I replace fill & liner back in October, OEM tire size, must be alot of travel to wear hole thru liner with plastic line on wrong side of fill tube. Just how many are out there rubbing holes in evap lines??? Cost $120 to replace fill & liner.

Reactions: ROCKETW19

·
Registered
325 Posts
I am lowered on stock tire. I haven't noticed wear on the new liner since I re routed everything. I will know for sure when I tow my boat again.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
The dealership replaced the part, I just don't know what it is yet. They are replacing the hood because of contamination under the paint. I'll find out what it was when I pick it up. Then it will be up for sale

1 - 11 of 11 Posts