Jeep TrackHawk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First disappointment with the TH...we just realized we do not have the Adaptive headlight anymore, something we had in our GC SRT and something it was very important for my wife (it's her car after all)...she has vision problem from one eye and she absolutely loved that feature in the SRT....I would say she almost needs that.
It did not even crossed my mind that FCA could actually remove such a feature in a quite more expensive and more recent car so I did not check every single line of the window sticker.
I cannot believe that FCA actually removed that in a 6 figure car!! Shame!!
Not to mention the fact that we TH and SRT owners still have to deal wit the fact we still do not have power folding mirrors that lesser Grand Cherokee can have already since years ago.
What about the Traffic Sign Recognition that a freaking Renegade in other markets can get?? Same thing for the surrounding camera view, Italian Cherokee and Grand Cherokee get that.
Why FCA is doing this?? To "keep distance" from the Maserati Levante??
Why FCA why???
Sorry guys but this puts a (albeit small) dent in the value proposition of the TH....You do not spend 6 figure (MSRP) for just an engine...
What else they took away I wonder....

·
Registered
79 Posts
Personally, I bought it for the hp, not the technology. Sounds like a BMW X5, or RR SVR would be a better fit!

·
Registered
177 Posts
To each their own. I would pay a bit extra not to have all those features. As it is, my '20 already has a lot of nannies and stuff that I'd rather be without.
That ugly fish eye in the front is one constant reminder of tech I don't want or need.

Granted, with its AWD it's not as easy to get "adaptive headlights" with the 'Hawk as it is with the Challenger.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
To each their own. I would pay a bit extra not to have all those features. As it is, my '20 already has a lot of nannies and stuff that I'd rather be without.
That ugly fish eye in the front is one constant reminder of tech I don't want or need.

Granted, with its AWD it's not as easy to get "adaptive headlights" with the 'Hawk as it is with the Challenger.
We had the adaptive lights in the 2015 Grand Cherokee SRT so it was a simple cost cutting move.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Personally, I bought it for the hp, not the technology. Sounds like a BMW X5, or RR SVR would be a better fit!
That is not the point...I know the TH is not as refined as a Range or a Cayenne and it would not have the latest and greatest tech and I'm ok with it....we are talking about the removal of features that we had already and technology the other less expensive FCA products had already for years.
The TH is not a track car that all you care is HP and handling, it is a big SUV, you still want some tech and comfort features.

·
Registered
502 Posts
Agreed on the bul****t of decontenting the top of the line model. I understand the company is wanting to squeeze ever-more profits from any vehicle, but these missing things (especially those that my previous GC SRT had) does make me a little bit pissed.

IMO, the TH also deserves much better quality carpet than the Dart used. Something more in line with a short-pile BMW 7-series carpet would be a lot better.

·
Registered
177 Posts
We had the adaptive lights in the 2015 Grand Cherokee SRT so it was a simple cost cutting move.
Well, I'm perfectly fine with that cost cutting. Heck, I wish the rear seat was optional.
In your case, I'd think that you could buy the headlights you want, then make them work with the system using AlfaOBD.

·
Registered
70 Posts
The one thing I am glad was cut from the SRT version is that cylinder deactivation. That was just a pain in the rear and sounded awful if you had an aftermarket exhaust.

I do agree though, the folding mirror and adaptive headlights would have been something I would have wanted on my hawk as well.

but yes...they had to have that heimholtz resonator in there because that was an important feature to have. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
554 Posts
I’ve been listening to this complaining about not having folding mirrors for 3 years. Why do you need them? Assuming you don’t live in an urban city and park on the street every night, the idea of needing and using folding mirrors is lost on me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
502 Posts
Unless you have a a narrow garage...or have to park close to a big pole.

·
Banned
362 Posts
I had a SRT with adaptive headlights... I liked them but certainly not a deal breaker for me. The only reason I traded my SRT for a TH was the power differance.... As long as it had PS, PB and Air, I didn't care or even look for other options. The only thing I missed from my SRT's was the TH didn't have a spare tire... Actaully bought a spare from another forum member on this board since I could not get one from FCA.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I had a SRT with adaptive headlights... I liked them but certainly not a deal breaker for me. The only reason I traded my SRT for a TH was the power differance.... As long as it had PS, PB and Air, I didn't care or even look for other options. The only thing I missed from my SRT's was the TH didn't have a spare tire... Actaully bought a spare from another forum member on this board since I could not get one from FCA.
I ordered the compact spare on my '18 TH for $395. I doubt that many people did because of the run-flats which I don't totally trust.

·
Banned
362 Posts
I ordered the compact spare on my '18 TH for $395. I doubt that many people did because of the run-flats which I don't totally trust.
When I called FCA they said they couldn't order me a compact spare since there was no part number for it in their system. WTF! That was a while back and things may have changed since then. I wanted a spare since the runflats are only good for ~50 miles (so they claim) and I don't trust that... I take a lot of long trips (e.g. think Vegas) and there are times when there isn't any services available for a very long ways...

BTW, I thought I'd be smart so I bought a spare wheel (that matched my other wheels too) and I put a tire on it.... Boy was I surprised to find that a full size tire and wheel doesn't fit correctly in the spare tire compartment in a TH. It's pretty close but the floor panel won't shut and lock down...

·
Registered
11 Posts
When I called FCA they said they couldn't order me a compact spare since there was no part number for it in their system. WTF! That was a while back and things may have changed since then. I wanted a spare since the runflats are only good for ~50 miles (so they claim) and I don't trust that... I take a lot of long trips (e.g. think Vegas) and there are times when there isn't any services available for a very long ways...

BTW, I thought I'd be smart so I bought a spare wheel (that matched my other wheels too) and I put a tire on it.... Boy was I surprised to find that a full size tire and wheel doesn't fit correctly in the spare tire compartment in a TH. It's pretty close but the floor panel won't shut and lock down...
When I ordered my '18 in August of '17 the compact spare tire order code was TBS and included the aluminum wheel,code W/AHX. Those same option codes were available to order on the '20 TH and now on the '21 SRT at the same price, $395. Maybe they're only available on an order and not through the parts system which seems strange to me.
This discussion reminds me that I need to check the spare air pressure.

·
Super Moderator
1,861 Posts
I think the spare only comes with the tow package but there were some early discrepancies that put spare tire packages in non tow package equipped vehicles but they got that sorted out by like May 2018. Be aware that standard GC spare Tire part number will not clear front calipers but would allow for fitting onto the rear.

·
Registered
11 Posts
My '18 TH ordered with the compact spare did not have the tow package but it was ordered long before May of '18.

·
Registered
177 Posts
I think the spare only comes with the tow package ...
The spare could be ordered separately for a '20, but I noticed that it came included in the tow package.
Since they were really proud of the spare by itself, I got to tow package for not much more money.
Not that I would ever tow anything with mine.

·
Registered
2 Posts
My aussie trackhawk came with spare, folding mirrors, adaptive headlights.
But no memory seats or heated and cooled cup holders.

Sent from my ELS-NX9 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
266 Posts
This discussion reminds me that I need to check the spare air pressure.
I wonder why they couldn't add TPMS to the spare?

1 - 20 of 32 Posts