Jeep TrackHawk Forum banner

21 - 32 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
I do recall those in my SRT, thought it was honestly a lil gimmicky and also just one more, expensive thing, to go wrong. If it ever did.

Folding mirrors and overhead camera views whilst parking would be great additions, and would honestly be the only reason I'd ever swap this TH out with something else... a newer TH with more tech.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I wonder why they couldn't add TPMS to the spare?
I don't see why they couldn't, that would be no different than the ones in all 4 valve stems. In fact, since so few people ever check the spare pressure, not needing to dig down into the tire well would be a real convenience/safety feature. Maybe you just gave any engineer watching this board an opportunity for that next great idea.

·
Registered
177 Posts
I don't see why they couldn't, that would be no different than the ones in all 4 valve stems. In fact, since so few people ever check the spare pressure, not needing to dig down into the tire well would be a real convenience/safety feature. Maybe you just gave any engineer watching this board an opportunity for that next great idea.
It would be more work to spin the spare tire enough to get a reading from the sensor than to check the pressure manually.

·
Registered
19 Posts
When I called FCA they said they couldn't order me a compact spare since there was no part number for it in their system. WTF! That was a while back and things may have changed since then. I wanted a spare since the runflats are only good for ~50 miles (so they claim) and I don't trust that... I take a lot of long trips (e.g. think Vegas) and there are times when there isn't any services available for a very long ways...

BTW, I thought I'd be smart so I bought a spare wheel (that matched my other wheels too) and I put a tire on it.... Boy was I surprised to find that a full size tire and wheel doesn't fit correctly in the spare tire compartment in a TH. It's pretty close but the floor panel won't shut and lock down...
I have an '18 with a tow package and it came with a spare!

·
Registered
11 Posts
I'm pretty sure that the TH's come with a compact spare if you have the factory tow package.... No spare without one.... I've read that many times.
The compact spare can be ordered separately without the tow package for $395, order code TBC, per the '18,'19 and '20 Trackhawk order sheets and sitting in my garage.

·
Super Moderator
1,870 Posts
Yes, you can order it separately I think, just make sure you don’t get the normal GC spare because it’ll only fit on the rear.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Good to know. Mine came with the tow (so I assume I have the right one !). I was a bit concerned about staggered offsets but that makes me feel better.

21 - 32 of 32 Posts