Jeep TrackHawk Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Visited my dealer today as I had read before that we were going to be getting a code like valet mode to improve vehicle security. I asked them and they said it is out for the 21s currently and they have done a few, and they are in the process or rolling it back into the prior year vehicles. What he knows is that like the valet code you will be able to enter a code limiting the horsepower, he said 23hp, I ready somewhere like 3hp, regardless though he said that once it is done you can't program any new keys, so he said when I did it he recommended getting another key or two or if I only had 1 to at least get a 2nd. Figure some of you might want to know especially if you have a 21 now. Sadly, I will have to wait for the 20s, 19s, before it gets to my 18 evidently having an opportunity to get it.

·
Registered
446 Posts
Enhanced Security Mode............Most car owners haven't liked this feature.
Key Programming Lockdown............I believe this is an option when it is programmed. Dealers are also supposed to offer discount on spare fobs.
Intrusion Module.........................This may be the game changer car/suv/trucks are all waiting for.

Reactions: TrapHawk007

·
Registered
414 Posts
From the Dodge Garage: (quick 6 minute read)

DODGE ANNOUNCES THREE NEW THEFT PROTECTION MEASURES

Dodge has developed three new security measures to help protect owners from having their vehicles stolen by thieves.
This includes:
Enhanced Security Mode,
Key Programming Lockdown
Intrusion Module.
So are these available now? I see this was written back in Aug so I assume dealers are equipped to do these now?

·
Registered
446 Posts
They are releasing them very slowly. According to the Hellcat forums, only 2021 has been released. Most dealers don't even know how to find it for our vehicles even if it was available. I tried Dodge Cares, but they don't seem to be able to get Jeep info.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Dodge certainly does not care

unfortunately it seems neither does Stellantis

·
Registered
2019 Jeep Grand Cherokee Trackhawk
92 Posts
Visited my dealer today as I had read before that we were going to be getting a code like valet mode to improve vehicle security. I asked them and they said it is out for the 21s currently and they have done a few, and they are in the process or rolling it back into the prior year vehicles. What he knows is that like the valet code you will be able to enter a code limiting the horsepower, he said 23hp, I ready somewhere like 3hp, regardless though he said that once it is done you can't program any new keys, so he said when I did it he recommended getting another key or two or if I only had 1 to at least get a 2nd. Figure some of you might want to know especially if you have a 21 now. Sadly, I will have to wait for the 20s, 19s, before it gets to my 18 evidently having an opportunity to get it.
Love to do this to mine.

·
Registered
2018 Jeep Trackhawk
41 Posts
What's sad is that we go thru these precautions as owners...but now with a device from apple called "airtag!" you can be tracked & unknowingly set yourself up for theft due to being under surveillance from criminals....bottom line be careful because codes from dealerships or other precautions we take....people have no wins against a gun in your nostrils demanding the key fob....just be safe owners....and happy new years

·
Registered
12 Posts
I visited my dealer today for my first oil change. I have a ‘21 TH that I picked up a few weeks ago. I asked about the security update and was told the security updates aren’t available for my TH yet.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts