Jeep TrackHawk Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all. Thought I'd start a specific thread on these as I'm looking for sticky tires and I'm sure im not alone. I'm not a tire guy, but for someone like me that won't drive in rain, these seem perfect for the stock wheels? I don't see anything for speed or load rating, are these safe for street use? I saw on the MT site they warn against using on the dyno? I don't understand that. For those that track, wont these see well into tripple diget speeds? So will I from time to time... Thanks.

· Super Moderator
3,000 Posts
Hi all. Thought I'd start a specific thread on these as I'm looking for sticky tires and I'm sure im not alone. I'm not a tire guy, but for someone like me that won't drive in rain, these seem perfect for the stock wheels? I don't see anything for speed or load rating, are these safe for street use? I saw on the MT site they warn against using on the dyno? I don't understand that. For those that track, wont these see well into tripple diget speeds? So will I from time to time... Thanks.
I trap in the 130’s at the 1/4mi (street times, not track) and I’m at about 1k hp. Drag radial are not meant for high speeds for long distances. It’s not so much as they can’t handle the mph but for how long. Even the smallest amount of weather makes it undrivable. I got caught in the rain once, I was doing 40, barely able to keep control while everyone else was doing 60 with ease. I’ve had the all seasons on ever since and will slap on the DRs if I go to the track.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts