Jeep TrackHawk Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
157 Posts
I did not have any when I installed mine but it's real easy

-remove the screws from the OEM box (you can leave the bottom portion in or you can remove by cutting off the "plastic clip" holding it down.
-untighten the screws holding the OEM box to the blower.
-unclip the harness piece

-pull out the MAF sensor
-remove the OEM box

-install the new LMI pieces following the obvious size difference.

-Install the MAF sensor on the custom piece and clip the harness on the other custom piece.
-The clip and the MAF sensor will not align like the OEM piece as you need to turn one of the piece down to get the filter in the direction of the bottom hole.
-Before you tighten everything, position the top black cover to make sure your intake does not touch the cover piece.
-tighten everything and install the 2 screws from the bottom for the cover.
-The cover will be crooked but I think this may be intended to let hot air go up on the right side, but that's just guessing.

·
Super Moderator
2,510 Posts
Yeah, there aren’t any instructions but it’s pretty easy to figure out. Just be sure to orient the IAT probe correctly and be sure nothing is rubbing. Recheck for clearance after a few miles. Also, do NOT overtorque the hose clamps onto the carbon fiber as you will deform the tube and might crack it. Let me know if you have any questions my post doesn’t answer.

·
Registered
582 Posts
Took me a while to figure out the orientation of the shield clips and how they mounted.

I agree, it should come with basic instructions, but knowing LMI, a simple call should get helpful direction.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 9 of 9 Posts