Jeep TrackHawk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking into insurance costs for 2018 Trackhawk.
Are we talking hundreds or thousands every 6 months?
My current car is my dad's 2004 Camry that just refuses to die. I doubt insurance on a TrackHawk will be that cheap.
If it helps, here are some additional details:

32 year old
Male
Clean driving record for 8+ years
Also have Motorcycle license
Austin, TX 78754
Credit Score: ~680 FICO

My fiancee:
38 years old
Female
Clean driving record for 13+ years
Mercedes C230 Coupe
Austin, TX 78754
Credit Score: ~720 FICO

Anyone out there with similar demographics? What are you paying?

·
Super Moderator
1,711 Posts
Think I pay 1600 every 6 months for the TH n the EVO, also have the house bundled n am 40.

·
Registered
107 Posts
I'm 34 & wife is 35. I get a bunch of discounts, multi vehicle, multi policy, paid in full, etc, etc. I'm about to sell my other SUV so insurance will change since we'll only have 2 vehicles but off the top of my head I am paying only around $800 for the year on my TH, full coverage obviously.

I suggest finding a VIN # for a TH that is for sale online, send it over to your insurance company & see what they quote you.

·
Registered
81 Posts
I’m 31 wife is 29 were at $830 every 6 months with USAA. Full coverage well at least what NC considers full coverage. They don’t do vehicle replacement here

·
Registered
81 Posts
Correction to that $830 that is for the 2018 TH my 08 Charger SRT8 and 04 2500 dodge Diesel. The insurance really isn’t that bad

·
Super Moderator
1,711 Posts
You’ll spend more in fuel than you will insurance though. And then there’s tires........

·
Registered
63 Posts
I'm 35, in NY, 780 Credit Score, and have beyond full coverage on the TrackHawk and a brand new Ford Raptor. Paying $945.20 every 6 months with Geico. Clean driving record as well.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Insurance is pretty reasonable for what it is. Usually insurance companies don’t know how to price these low volume special editions of mass produced cars.

·
Registered
531 Posts
It’s comparable to every other $90k+ truck I’ve owned.

Specific dollar amount from anyone won’t mean a whole lot to you. I could move 20 minutes east and see my rates nearly double. Insurance rates are a whacky thing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks everyone! That's actually not bad, sounds way cheaper than the sports cars my brother and sister have!

·
Registered
1 Posts
I think I have the best option for you. One of my family member, my cousin, has the same car. He was looking the same as you for an insurance car. btw, he assures me that this Money Expert company has the lowest price. I don't know but check their website, I hope you will find more information there. I'm just telling you what my cousin told me. But as I know him I can trust. So, try! If you regret, I will be responsible for this or maybe he. kidding.. take care of you and your baby car.

·
Registered
325 Posts
You might want to give AAA a call. I used to be Nationwide (it is NOT on your side) and Farmers. I am a AAA member but never called for insurance rates. I now have AAA and only pay $1200 per year for my 2018 TH and 2017 SRT and with all this COVID crap they just sent me a two month rebate.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Safeco $1270/year for this year 2018 TH, with 500K liability coverage, plus 1 million umbrella about $200+/year for other cars, motorcycle and home. Total auto $2932/year for TH, 2014 300 SRT and 2011 Ram 3500 crewcab long bed

·
Super Moderator
1,001 Posts
Safeco $1270/year for this year 2018 TH, with 500K liability coverage, plus 1 million umbrella about $200+/year for other cars, motorcycle and home. Total auto $2932/year for TH, 2014 300 SRT and 2011 Ram 3500 crewcab long bed
damn thats cheap. I have same mill umbrella on TH - explorer and kids Rav4 and I pay $435 a month

·
Registered
57 Posts
Yea this is the 3rd year of coverage with Safeco, which is a Liberty Mutual company which I had insurance with before and they could not come close to that price back then, even lowered my deductible on auto's to $500, saved about $1800 per year. The guy I use is a broker, shops multiple companies, been very satisfied. I pay for everything in one payment, house, cars, motorcycle an umbrella. Both my kids, glad I don't have to cover them any more, changed over to Safeco for all there insurance needs and saved quite a bit.

·
Registered
130 Posts
State Farm, $285 / 6 months, $250/$500/$100K Liability, Comp/Col $500 ded but I do have an umbrella $168/year.....for that matter Demon same coverage is $322 / 6 months ……. it pays to have a good record, stay with same company for years and live in a low risk area.

·
Registered
57 Posts
I had Farmers for years & years granted that was when I had kids at home but I had to go every year to straighten out stuff. About the most time, after Farmers is 3-5 years have to go shopping to each major insurance carrier, what a pain. Got this younger guy that is a broker that shops all the majors, same amount of coverage. And it does make a lot of difference where you live. Lived in NW Alabama when I was in High School. Or you get real good quote for 1st year and the next year scares you to death or have a claim like hail or something and they cancel the renewal.

·
Registered
224 Posts
There's a lot to be said about the company you choose as well. Many will shoot you a cheap price then stab you in the back when you need to file a claim. I wouldn't necessarily look for the cheapest price, the company you choose and how they react when you actually have to file a claim are two different stories. I use USAA and although I may be able to find cheaper insurance for my home and autos, whenever I need to file a claim there are no questions asked. USAA has always stood behind me, helped me through each and every claim and paid when they said they would. One less hassle I know I have to deal with so that little extra I pay over the other guy is well worth it for me.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts