Jeep TrackHawk Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am thinking of installing an aftermarket intake to my TH. I have heard of JLT, Bwoody, Legmaker, DDR, etc. But can't make a decision. Which one do you guys recommend? My main focus is on the sound of the supercharger when its fed and the HP they can produce, without programing. Suggestions appreciated!

·
Super Moderator
2,296 Posts
Any intake will give you the noise. I went with legmaker due to the diameter of the tube and how it gradually slopes down to meet the snout whereas others have a reducing coupler. My only dislike about the LMI is the lack of airbox to close it off from the engine. Owner said he tried a box but it didn’t add any power (which it definitely won’t when doing an open hood dyno pull) but I think in real life it would be beneficial.

So either go LMI, DDR or JLT

·
Super Moderator
1,420 Posts
Pick what ever company's marketing appeals to you. I went Livernois as it has a box to close it off from motor heat and I bought the 1025 kit so got CAI also. in the end they all the same thing

·
Registered
582 Posts
Pick what ever company's marketing appeals to you. I went Livernois as it has a box to close it off from motor heat and I bought the 1025 kit so got CAI also. in the end they all the same thing

Just a heads up, but have you checked the lines below the filter for rubbing?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
582 Posts
no I have not But I will today for sure. is it a know problem? Thanks for heads up.

I know first hand of one problem. That’s the only person I know with that particular intake though.

Curious to hear what you find, as even an altered replacement version from livernoise had the same issue.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
2,296 Posts
You aren’t going to see significant gains from an intake, especially with everything else stock. You will get a significant increase in blower noise with any intake though. No tuning needed with an intake.

·
Super Moderator
1,420 Posts
They all claim 10-20 HP. this is one of those thing where you just pick the one you like best or cheapest or what ever makes you buy. think about it, its a tube and a filter they are all the same no one is making a really small or large tube they all the same diameter. same filter. the shroud might or might not matter to keep hot air off either way you wont notice the difference.

·
Registered
113 Posts
I do not believe in dynos for telling power. They are good for tuning. The track tells the real story. That said, I installed the LegMaker on my 2013 Challenger 426 stroker and gained 26rwhp according to the dyno. At the track my ET improved by almost 2 tenths. That would suggest 15-25hp increase. Most racers I know that installed the Legmaker (N/A, Aftermarket supercharged, Hell Cats) saw similar improvements at the track.

·
Registered
45 Posts
noise

If you don't like to add noise, try the green filter. I did and I am happy with it. Can't give an HP differences, just seems to run slightly better. The factory bleached out rubber tube going white is beginning to bother me so I might still change it out for a CI but for that reason as I don't need more noise for little gain.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts