Jeep TrackHawk Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Are you folks running interchillers happy with the A/C performance after install?

I’m an air conditioning baby, and need full blast A/C during the warmer months. My last BMW, in typical German fashion, had what the dealership called sufficient cooling. I was of a different opinion, and was happy to feel some good ol’ American cold air blasting from the Trackhawk’s vents upon delivery.

If this mod has a noticeable effect on the cabin cooling ability, I’ll probably need to cross it off the to-do list.

All input welcome.

·
Super Moderator
2,294 Posts
It’s not supposed to affect the cabin A/C performance but I haven’t installed mine yet. I haven’t heard of anyone having any issues yet though.

That muffler show up yet?

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
A 37-pound box showed up on my doorstep, I HOPE it’s a muffler... ;)

My needs as a human:

1) Food/water
2) Shelter
3) A/C
4) The rest

I hope to hear that the air conditioning works the same, as the performance aspect of the product is very attractive.

·
Super Moderator
2,294 Posts
Compressor must be running in order for the interchiller to function if that’s what you mean. The compressor will cycle on/off when it reaches the temp set point in the cabin but you want it to always be on for maximum chilling. I’m seeing 40 below ambient on IC fluid temp while at highway speeds and IAT at or below ambient with the cabin AC going.

·
Super Moderator
2,294 Posts
The interchiller itself is a passive system that requires the AC compressor to be on in order to work. There is a solenoid that allows you to divert all the refrigerant to the interchiller or share with the cabin. If the AC compressor is off, there is no cooling effect provided and might actually make the IC fluid warmer because there is no longer a conventional heat exchanger.

·
Registered
220 Posts
With the “Active Interchiller” out of Tampa, Fla. you keep your factory intercooler so should your A/C compressor go south or if you just want to run with A/C off and windows down cause it’s a nice 60* out side the system incorporates a 3 way valve and temp sensor so when the supercharger coolant gets to a predetermined temp cause A/C is not running the valve opens and diverts coolant to the factory intercooler keeping supercharger coolant back to stock temps. Works awesome.

·
Super Moderator
1,420 Posts
the other day it was 109 here and my AC was struggling to get cold. I will admit its stop and go traffic and only about 10 mins in car. I can imagine it started out way over the 109 inside.
Kirk the owner asked about my fan speed in tuning. it needs to be on full blast. Mine isnt that will help a lot he said for traffic and just starting.
My IC temps were still under 70. in the winter ive got in single digits and turn off as for some reason it scares me lol no idea why but it does

1 - 12 of 12 Posts