Jeep TrackHawk Forum banner

61 - 80 of 108 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Interchiller showed up today. Here’s what comes in the box. It’s up to you to buy the electrical wire/connectors though.
Doccument your install let me know what you run into. I will be doing my install in like 2 weeks. If you need any advise on the S1025 I installed my own and can help with advise

·
Super Moderator
2,146 Posts
When you buy the kit, they send you a YouTube link that’s pretty detailed but if I run into anything I’ll let ya know.

Livernois delivers on Wednesday and then I just have to wait till my vacation starts.

·
Super Moderator
2,146 Posts
My S1025 package shipped, will be here Wednesday, everything else is here already. Gonna be wrenching soon, can’t wait!!!

·
Super Moderator
1,382 Posts
Discussion Starter · #65 ·
Got my Tracking info on Friday for the Inter chiller and spacers.
Im excited for the spacers and honestly scared of the Inter chiller.
So if anyone wants to buy a inter chiller (no spacers) let me know Ill give you good deal.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Thanks in part to you guys, I can’t wait any longer, so pulling the trigger on the FI stage 1 & spacers. Stage 2 is temping, but I’ll only visit the track once or twice a year at most. The race mode should be enough. Since I’m doing the spacers, figured I go with a smaller upper pully. Anybody using the GripTeck pully? Seeing a little belt dust with the stock pully.

Wasn’t easy finding an HVAC place willing to do the install. Finally, after a referral, found this place in Vegas, about a 1 ½ hour drive. https://velocitycustomcars.com/hvac.html I sent them the install video and they said they can probably do it in half the time. We’re talking around $400!!! plus gas and maybe a few extras like braided hose. Even if 8 hours, less than $800. I'll visit them soon after they move to their new location at the Las Vegas Motor Speedway, just to make sure they are a class operation. Anybody in the west heard of them? Looks like they do about everything.

Last year I went to LVMS. Did consistent 12.2’s @ 110-111 in 95+ heat. Understandable with the engine totally heat soaked but still disappointing. The chiller, pully & tune should fix that. I should try one of their road tracks to give 180 a try. 143 is the best so far and like a Sunday drive in the TH.

Anybody purchase the FI kits from CSP Racing? Where can I find ceramic pads? May as well do that at the same time.

·
Super Moderator
2,146 Posts
Well, don’t forget there will be a charge for the additional refrigerant too.

Don’t be scared Rocket, we’ll get through this together 🏻

·
Registered
43 Posts
Got my Tracking info on Friday for the Inter chiller and spacers.
Im excited for the spacers and honestly scared of the Inter chiller.
So if anyone wants to buy a inter chiller (no spacers) let me know Ill give you good deal.
Why on earth would it scare you? most guys that have them love them. I have not seen one single negative review about the Fi chiller

·
Super Moderator
1,382 Posts
Discussion Starter · #70 ·
Why on earth would it scare you? most guys that have them love them. I have not seen one single negative review about the Fi chiller
this is 100% my findings also.
Me personally I can not live with my AC out one minute let alone a day or a week. If it does not work at least the exact same or better I will flip a lid. I was gonna buy stage 2 just for the better Cabin AC performance dont care about track as much as daily comfort.
then I dont want to pay for install either I have so many other things to pay for including a 25K dollar frame that this could of been some of that $
If I knew it would cost 1000 to install and it would be same AC as now I wouldnt worry but will it? I only glanced over it I have not read instructions fully but there are times you can and cant use it. if you use it this has to be on or off. This is my DD i want mindless fun and comfort.

·
Super Moderator
1,382 Posts
Discussion Starter · #74 ·
The rest of the stuff is here, will get started in a week
Got my interchiller and spacers yesterday bro. I might beat you to install? I am still open if someone wants to take the chiller off my hands before I install it? Ill give you good deal and its here no shipping fees no money transfer fees plus money off. save you $300 buck with all that junk.

·
Super Moderator
2,146 Posts
I decided it was best to pull the PCM today and overnight it so it will be back here by Friday. The Livernois portion of this looks extremely straightforward and I can’t see it taking me more than two days to bang it out and probably another day and a half to do the spacers and interchiller.

Already ran into my first issue. There was a problem getting on of the PCM connections free. The connector kept coming apart when I was trying to disengage it. I had to pull it apart and use a small flathead to disengage the mechanism. Hopefully it goes back together easier and isn’t an omen of problems to come.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
2,146 Posts
Getting going on this part today. The bumper put up a fight but I got it off. So the radiator, condenser and IC coolant heat exchanger are all stacked on top of each other. Hard to believe enough air even makes it to the radiator.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
1,382 Posts
Discussion Starter · #79 ·
lets see a picture after you lay the blanket down. super curious how thats gonna sit in there? also thanks for documenting this. gonna be help for anyone down the road who wants to know anything about the chiller or spacers.
the guy Kirk pretty good guy also. I have asked him 500 question and he replys to them all and very fast also. that customer service he has goes a long way with me. hopefully I never have to see the warranty customer service part though lol.

61 - 80 of 108 Posts