Jeep TrackHawk Forum banner

81 - 100 of 108 Posts

·
Registered
219 Posts
lets see a picture after you lay the blanket down. super curious how thats gonna sit in there?
Hear is a couple of pics of my SC and spacers, thermal blanket gets shaped and applied to the underside of the SC.

Reactions: ROCKETW19

·
Super Moderator
2,147 Posts
I got two sections of blanket. It seems like one will get the job done. Do I put the other half on the block??

·
Super Moderator
1,383 Posts
Discussion Starter · #83 ·
I got two sections of blanket. It seems like one will get the job done. Do I put the other half on the block??
I think I have one? of coarse I am not home to look. I will check later, maybe you just got an extra on accident? or maybe I am stupid and I have two also lol.

·
Registered
219 Posts
No no washers with my kit they don’t come with washers but I bought some super thin Ti washers that work good and they are slightly larger than the allen head, I would’ve liked to have found some larger diameter washers but the ones I saw were all to thick and I didn’t want to give up any threads from the bolts.

https://www.ti64.com/product-p/1510.htm

https://www.ti64.com/product-p/6004.htm

·
Super Moderator
1,383 Posts
Discussion Starter · #88 ·
Mine’s not as pretty but then again I’m never going to see it again once the SC is back in place
you will see it again, I will talk you into more mods down the road. Im thinking I should do the snout and TB port swap right now when I do the Interchiller install.

·
Super Moderator
2,147 Posts
Annnnnnnd block Rocket lol. Nah man, doing the labor myself is a cure for mods that lasts me well past when the power wears off. I think I’m gonna put off the interchiller until fall when it’s not a million degrees outside and then I’ll finish that up.

·
Super Moderator
1,383 Posts
Discussion Starter · #90 ·
Annnnnnnd block Rocket lol. Nah man, doing the labor myself is a cure for mods that lasts me well past when the power wears off. I think I’m gonna put off the interchiller until fall when it’s not a million degrees outside and then I’ll finish that up.
lol exile me to bloodhellhawk land.
i applaud you bro you did a lot more then I ever would do. I am not rich at all I would even tend to say I am poor/broke but I will gladly pay someone to install this **** over doing it myself. not only the time theres tools space and the worst for me the mental "what if I did something wrong" syndrome.
you need the chiller now more then ever just pay someone you will be much more happy I bet.

Did you end up with clutch pulley? Im wondering if I should swap to clutch when I do ported snout and TB?

·
Super Moderator
2,147 Posts
Idk about broke/poor if ur rolling 3+ nice whips but yeah, doing the labor myself makes me appreciate it more. But then again, I’ll probably keep this beast for a long time.

I know the interchiller would be at the peak amount of it’s benefits during the summer but I just don’t have it left in me, it’s just way too hot outside.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Did you guys get printed instructions with your FI chiller? I contacted FI with a few questions, which they kindly answered, but said to contact the dealer (CSP in my case), for the detailed instructions which I’ll do first thing Monday morning. No instructions with the spacers either, but that should be a no brainer.

While my TH was at the dealer to replace a bad rear wheel bearing, I half-jokingly asked them if they wanted to do the chiller, spacers and 3.1 upper pulley. An hour later they said yes, for $1,530 labor. Yeah, not cheap, but the good part is that they will not void the warranty since they would be doing the work and the mods are relatively modest.

Prior to taking it to the dearer I put the stock PCM back. For those who have asked about swapping PCM’s, they did not see a code from using the Diablo unlocked PCM. They said the stock computer would handle these mods, but if I decide to use an unlocked, simply put the stock one back before bringing it in.

Btw, the mechanic was familiar with the ZPE GripTec pulley I chose and said it will not slip like the stock pulley.

·
Super Moderator
1,383 Posts
Discussion Starter · #94 ·
I got links also no paper instructions. I think you got a good deal at $1530 I assume that is the AC stuff also? I have read thats 500 bucks on its own.

·
Registered
73 Posts
I did not get the written instructions either but they did provide links to the install. It is critical that one uses the blue clip locators to align the clamps on the hoses before clamping or they will leak!

·
Super Moderator
1,383 Posts
Discussion Starter · #96 ·
I did not get the written instructions either but they did provide links to the install. It is critical that one uses the blue clip locators to align the clamps on the hoses before clamping or they will leak!
yikes the 1234abcdef stuff will leak? that would suck, not just paying the money to recharge again but going to the dealer again.
I hope my installer did that. how soon would you know its leaking? hopefully fast so they can fix and fill again?

·
Registered
55 Posts
I got links also no paper instructions. I think you got a good deal at $1530 I assume that is the AC stuff also? I have read thats 500 bucks on its own.
I am curious as to what dealership you made the arraignment with, and where it’s located. It sounds like a pretty fair deal for the job.

·
Registered
33 Posts
I am curious as to what dealership you made the arraignment with, and where it’s located. It sounds like a pretty fair deal for the job.

$1,530 is just for the install labor; chiller, mounting the switch, spacers and upper pulley. I supplied the AN-12's, wiring, and heat shield for AC lines & coolant hoses to the chiller, about $70. I'll post the final tab when I pick up, hopefully today. The mechanic is doing a first class job. I decided not to mess with it even though I have AC in my garage.Martin Swanty in Kingman, AZ. Yes, they said they would do other TH's.

·
Super Moderator
1,383 Posts
Discussion Starter · #99 ·
just to add some more info. I just paid $380 for the abcdefg stuff.
my super charger belt is pretty tight now but I think ok? we will find out. I have read a few guys need new belt after install.
with in seconds of starting the car the inter cooler lines were super cold. I think this product is gonna be one of my favorites. its maintenance free (unlike a ice box or meth injection)

·
Registered
33 Posts
I can't wait to pick her up. The mechanic said the spacers made up for the smaller 3.1 pulley, so the stock belt is a good fit.

81 - 100 of 108 Posts