Jeep TrackHawk Forum banner

101 - 108 of 108 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
yikes the 1234abcdef stuff will leak? that would suck, not just paying the money to recharge again but going to the dealer again.
I hope my installer did that. how soon would you know its leaking? hopefully fast so they can fix and fill again?
It took about 3 months for mine to show up but as I monitored the I/C coolant temps with the Performance pages, I saw a gradual increase in temps which I attributed to higher ambient temps in South Texas. TH sat in garage for a week and went to drive it and no cabin AC and no I/C cooling temps.

·
Super Moderator
1,382 Posts
Discussion Starter · #103 ·
It took about 3 months for mine to show up but as I monitored the I/C coolant temps with the Performance pages, I saw a gradual increase in temps which I attributed to higher ambient temps in South Texas. TH sat in garage for a week and went to drive it and no cabin AC and no I/C cooling temps.
thanks for the heads up. I will keep a eye on mine now also. No cabin AC will kill me lol

·
Premium Member
20 Posts
Hey guys.

Looking to pickup a kit for my trackhawk.
I tracked down two different kits that look to be fairly similar.

Forced Inductions and Killer chiller interchiller.

In particular looking at their drag setups as to not drop water at the strip but in doing some research they seem similar except for the cost.
The FI kit does seem to be fairly more expensive.
Not too sure why.

Both kits are comparable?
I see a lot of posts in the forum about the Killer chiller kits but not asmuch about the FI kits.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

·
Super Moderator
1,382 Posts
Discussion Starter · #105 ·
Hey guys.

Looking to pickup a kit for my trackhawk.
I tracked down two different kits that look to be fairly similar.

Forced Inductions and Killer chiller interchiller.

In particular looking at their drag setups as to not drop water at the strip but in doing some research they seem similar except for the cost.
The FI kit does seem to be fairly more expensive.
Not too sure why.

Both kits are comparable?
I see a lot of posts in the forum about the Killer chiller kits but not asmuch about the FI kits.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
FI interchiller is the best mod I ever done on any car. I am actually getting 2 more systems for other cars.
the interchiller guy Kirk will reply to your question with in minutes almost any time you message no BS.
super helpful guy.
This system comes with supercharger spacers that I think everyone should get at the very least if you cant afford the full system. (read up on his site about these you will be sold)

I just finished installing the stage 2 race package and my cabin AC was freezing but my IC temps were still 50 below ambient. I didnt even need to put it in race mode. never one drop on the ground either.

No lie I am really a big fan boy of this guy and his product.

I have no experience with killer chiller and never will I am way happy with what FI offers.

·
Registered
154 Posts
I've heard a bunch of good things about Active Interchiller out of FL as well. One of these systems is definitely on my list for some point this year with spacers & blanket.

·
Super Moderator
2,146 Posts
I don’t see a solenoid on the killer chiller setup. I also don’t see anything about how much refrigerant it requires. I think a 3-4 hour install is not realistic.

·
Registered
130 Posts
I think they both are awesome systems and highly recommend getting an interchiller for force inducted engines.

I have the Killer Chiller system with their larger flat plate heat exchanger than what they originally offered yrs ago. Cabin A/C is still frigid cold and intercooler temps are nice and cold in the heat of summer. Just added the FI thermal spacers and blanket this winter while I had the supercharger off for some porting and custom polishing. Recommend adding them whenever you pull the supercharger off but would focus on getting the interchiller first.

101 - 108 of 108 Posts