Jeep TrackHawk Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What's up, all!

So, I have an '18 Hawk that I just did a decently sized build on and all has been AMAZZZIIINNNGGGGG. However, I am noticing that my IC coolant reservoir seems to be losing some coolant somewhere. Now, let me say that I did install the CRP IC Expansion tank as part of the build and that thing has stayed topped off, it is just the small clear OEM one that seems to be losing some fluid. Also, I have had NO performance issues (CELs, smoke, ETC) at all. I am just losing a bit of coolant and am wondering where it might be sneaking off too...

My question is this....I know back in the '15/'16 HCs, there was an issue with some of the Intercooler Bricks leaking coolant, but I have never heard of that on a TH. Are there some cases of this happening to a TC? Also, I have looked for leaks all over to no avail, and my oil is coolant free and there is no smoke on startup even though I am catless. If, the brick was leaking into the engine, would it always show in the oil, or is there another way I can check to make sure that isn't the case?

Thanks in advance!

·
Super Moderator
2,514 Posts
You’re sure it’s not just moving to the expansion tank and then it’ll find it’s way back to the reservoir once the system is off? Maybe something at/near the pump or heat exchanger and it’s getting trapped in the bodywork so you don’t “see” the leak? You’d need to pull the bumper to inspect.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You’re sure it’s not just moving to the expansion tank and then it’ll find it’s way back to the reservoir once the system is off? Maybe something at/near the pump or heat exchanger and it’s getting trapped in the bodywork so you don’t “see” the leak? You’d need to pull the bumper to inspect.

That's what I am working on. The addition of the aftermarket Icetank obviously screwed with the flow of the coolant.....it MIGHT just be traveling back in the system somewhere and I think it is leaking. I'm doing some tests now.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts