Jeep TrackHawk Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First of all, many thanks to our forum member CCC (Charles) for his info on the Koons of Virginia dealer Trackhawk offer, I did talk to the manager and it confirmed their offer in writing (~11K off MSRP, turns out to be, more or less, 4% off Invoice) and so far is open ended, no deadline.

It seems to me a very good deal on an order, no time spent on the lot, no joy rides, configured exactly how I want it.

On the other side, as of today, there is only one Trackhawk in the entire Northwest (and not optioned the way I want, it is a 2020 and they already slapped an over 6K off MSRP discount on it) from the Oregon-California border all the way to Canada, I repeat, ONE......I mean there are probably more Urus at Lambo dealers or Ferrari Superfast than Trackhawks in the same geographical area...so what is going on?? Dealers do not want to stock them because they have to discount them immediately?? What's the story?? What is going on??

·
Registered
56 Posts
First of all,................ from the Oregon-California border all the way to Canada, I repeat, ONE......I mean there are probably more Urus at Lambo dealers or Ferrari Superfast than Trackhawks in the same geographical area...so what is going on?? Dealers do not want to stock them because they have to discount them immediately?? What's the story?? What is going on??
Why I went to Denver to get mine!

·
Registered
418 Posts
I had mine shipped from VA to AZ cheaper than anyone on the West coast could do a deal for. many more high volume dealers on the East coast are willing to deal just to reduce inventory. Out west they usually only have 1 or 2 on a lot. Koons usually has a dozen last I checked. I wouldn't hold off any longer if you got a solid discount of $11K off MSRP and equipped the way you want it. You could be driving it before Months end.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Interesting. Even the dealership where I bought my 2018 TH has zero in inventory right now, and they usually always have the "good stuff" on their lot. They had 3 TH's when I bought mine, but now there are none at all. Very odd...

·
Registered
67 Posts
We here probably don't realize how to the general public the TH is an insanely specialized vehicle. They simply made too many of them. I have mine so I don't care :)

Reactions: Jimmy N.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

Thanks for links!!

Yes, I knew about the Dave Smith ones but i missed the Tri-Cities Jeep dealer red Trackhawk! Unfortunately it does not have the premium leather package.

Anyway, I found already an acceptable deal ordering one new, I may give a last week or so of hunting for a leftover 2019 (and a dealer willing to play ball) then I will go that route.

Now the problem is finding a dealer accepting a Courtesy Delivery from an out of state dealer order....today I contacted the dealer where I bought my GC SRT asking about it and how much they charge and the sales manager was very vague, he did mention some liability BS (they are getting a new car from the factory like any of their cars) so "he will let me know". He did not even try to fnd out about my deal, no interest at all.....frankly I do not see the car sales crisis that everybody is talking about in the media......

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
We here probably don't realize how to the general public the TH is an insanely specialized vehicle. They simply made too many of them. I have mine so I don't care :)
In comparison, when I got my CTS-V last year, there were 6 of them at dealers in Seattle alone...that is a specialized (and expensive) vehicle as well....

·
Banned
391 Posts
Now the problem is finding a dealer accepting a Courtesy Delivery from an out of state dealer order....today I contacted the dealer where I bought my GC SRT asking about it and how much they charge and the sales manager was very vague, he did mention some liability BS (they are getting a new car from the factory like any of their cars) so "he will let me know".
Why not hook up the trailer and go get it, or have it transported?
I've never even thought about a Courtesy Delivery, and can't remember when I bought a vehicle in state last.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Very similar situation happened in December when looking for a TH. The only one available in the state at the time was in Houston. No local dealerships were willing to work with me on a delivery or transfer so I did it myself.

Coordinated a delivery, drove to Houston, signed the paperwork, had it loaded on a trailer with a dealer cover and delivered in Dallas the same day. If the drive isn't too far, may be worth considering.

·
Banned
391 Posts
Very similar situation happened in December when looking for a TH. The only one available in the state at the time was in Houston. No local dealerships were willing to work with me on a delivery or transfer so I did it myself.

Coordinated a delivery, drove to Houston, signed the paperwork, had it loaded on a trailer with a dealer cover and delivered in Dallas the same day. If the drive isn't too far, may be worth considering.
Why drive there to sign? We have internet and FedEx these days.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Koons currently has 3, not sure if they have any incoming.
Charles
I have tried to make a deal with these guys they have some crazy fees they add on they discount the th then they want to add freight in at 1800 plus 700 doc fee 2018 is not worth those numbers.it should be around 75/78 for a 2018.TH buy far the hardest to make a deal on them any other car I purchased
Chapman in PA is another dealer that gave me a number then raised it 6k

·
Registered
64 Posts
I agree 100 % with the high fees, especially the doco fee, but that is negotiable, at least it should be. The 18 they left a few months ago finally was sold. What is strange to me is that most of all their Hawks over the last year or so did not have Tow package.
CCC

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Well I always bought my cars with at least 10% discount over the MSRP and I do not see the reason why I should change that for the TH. Dealers with 18 and 20 are still not willing to play ball....time is on my side, my GC SRT is perfect and paid for...

1 - 20 of 25 Posts