Jeep TrackHawk Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had the jeep on the lift and saw what appears to be a bunch of grease sprayed all on the underside.

I don't see where it would had come from since the driveshaft doesn't appear to have any on it. It's on the exhaust components so that must have been installed. Is this normal? I also have what sounds like an exhaust tick at startup. I can only assume it's from the exhaust clamps since they appear to have some soot around them already.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Some kind of rust inhibitor that dealer sprayed on??????

·
Registered
36 Posts
I don't see where it would had come from since the driveshaft doesn't appear to have any on it.
Could it have seeped out of the transfer case? It looks like it then would have spun off the shaft...

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Could it have seeped out of the transfer case? It looks like it then would have spun off the shaft...
Why would there be that kind of grease in the transfer case? It should be gear lube. This is thick like a white lithium grease almost.

·
Registered
107 Posts
it looks like the clamp needs ti be slid back (to the right) a few inches i could be wrong it would not be the first time lol
Mine was spot welded, when I tried adjusting my new exhaust

·
Registered
107 Posts
Why would there be that kind of grease in the transfer case? It should be gear lube. This is thick like a white lithium grease almost.
Would be ATF 4 in transfer case (red)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts