Jeep TrackHawk Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
332 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For all of our Demon and Redeye owners.

840 crank horsepower on race gas. Let's talk.

That can get very expensive roughly $14.00 a gallon and you now have another just say 40 hp over your pump gas tune. Now let's do this E85 at 1.90 a gallon current market price and some small modifications starting with.

Livernois Motorsports pcm unlock on your second pcm that coincides with the race button.
Livernois Motorsports custom flex fuel custom tuning.
Livernois Motorsports 180 degree thermostat
Livernois Motorsports custom tuning
Livernois Motorsports custom transmission tune
Innovators West 9 percent overdrive balancer
Injector Dynamics 1300X2 injectors
Upgraded spark plugs

Our dyno results on 93 octane stock were
696 rwhp and 678 rwtq

Our custom tuning on 93 octane gas
805 rwhp and 766 rwtq

Our custom tuning on E85
843 rwhp and 814 rwtq

Now you have to the ground what is advertised to the crank for solid 9 second timeslips all day for $1.90 a gallon and you keep your high octane tune just like it would normally work.

all this can be had for $4999.99

https://youtu.be/WrkGHD-CY5c

·
Registered
695 Posts
Is anyone really modding their Demon? That sounds like a very poor idea to me, it’ll drastically harm its value.

·
Super Moderator
1,665 Posts
I think he’s saying you could buy a kit from them, making more power on a regular hellcat for less money than getting a red eye and fueling it with race gas.

“If you build it, they will mod it”

·
Registered
695 Posts
For all of our Demon and Redeye owners.

840 crank horsepower on race gas. Let's talk.

I think he’s saying you could buy a kit from them, making more power on a regular hellcat for less money than getting a red eye and fueling it with race gas.

“If you build it, they will mod it”
Well if that’s the case then I’m confused by the lead in. It clearly states it’s for Demon and Redeye owners. Modding a Demon is a great way to tank its value.

·
Super Moderator
1,665 Posts
I think they’re weighing the 840hp on race gas v pump gas on a modified/tuned hellcat. It’s my understanding that this is a cost v performance post. It’s going to be way more expensive to run race fuel to achieve 840hp than 93 or E85 with their kit added.

Each to their own, no judgment here.

332 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Good afternoon gentlemen.

Very good points and observations by all.

The main point of this is exactly why our customer with his Demon came to us. "MORE HORSEPOWER" He was not happy with the 840 on race gas. What can you guys do for me hmmmm. Lets set you up on E85 with some additional supporting parts and viola. He picked up big horsepower and does not have to run race gas and drive drive it anywere and put E85 or 93 octane gas in it saving him Time and Money. Now this Demon makes very SOLID 9 second passes every time on pump gas E85 that is purchased at any local gas station not VP X98. Can't really give out exact time's but he is closer to an 8 second pass than a 10 second pass.

The age old question why would you modify such a car I do not know the answer to that but it's probably because I can. Look at all the collector cars tthrought the years take for example a Buick Grand National GNX only 547 were made and I have seen these with fully built twin turbo set ups and all kinds of hp way far from stock totally killed the value of the car but those owners now say I did not beat you with the run of the mill Grand National I beat you with a GNX. Probably how a Demon owner feels I modded a Demon top of the line collector car and you just lost. I guess if you have the money why not.

At the end of the day who ever owns the car is happy with what they have is really the bottom line. Whether it's a completely stock 1 of ??? or it's a complete chassis car with a completely different engine and power adder. The owner has to be happy with there decision.

·
Registered
310 Posts
As I have been reading this post, it made me stop and wonder what Henry Ford would now be thinking about his first Model T.
The T engine displaced 2.9 liters (177 cubic inches), and has a bore of 3.75 inches and a 4-inch stroke. The compression ratio was a mere 4.5:1, creating normal cylinder pressures of only 50-75 psi. As a result, the engine develops about 20 horsepower, but it makes 83 pound-feet of torque due to the long stroke and relatively large displacement.
The genius of the Model T engine is not in what it has, but rather what it lacks. There is no oil pump – all lubrication happens by splashing the crank through the oil pan, drenching the three main bearings, the cam, and the lifters with oil.
There’s no water pump, either. Ford’s engineers realized that hot water rises, and they created an unpressurized cooling system that feeds cooled water from the radiator into the bottom of the block, relying on convection to push the hot water out the top and into the radiator. It works, sort of. Model T drivers know to carry extra water.

If you want to read more, Model T

·
Registered
464 Posts
Ol' Henry liked the T so much that he personally chopped-to-pieces son Edsel's attempt to create a successor.

So, was the eventual Model A better than the T? Depends on who you ask...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts