Jeep TrackHawk Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I see rear end collisions EVERYDAY, im in multiple school districts and before and after school its inevitable BAMM!!!!! some yahoo TEXTING is gonna plow into the back of me, hopefully I don't get knocked into the car in front of me. I know body and fender have come a long way but im from old school NEVER GONNA BE THE SAME rattles and squeeks start rearing their ugly heads etc. my poor 100k baby. I need to get some additional value on my insurance and save EVERY receipt to make sure my "rear end" is COVERED cause id be trading it off for a new one. PERIOD. no ifs ands or buts.

·
Super Moderator
1,443 Posts
I guess I’m not sure here. Is this a question or a statement? Seems like the same thought process would apply no matter what you are driving, right?
I agree and to ad if he is worried about getting pushed into someone in front of him dont tailgate the guy in front of you. pretty simple to stop that part the getting hit from behind your jacked cant do much other then drive slow and stop slow i guess?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
scenario is im stopped at red light 2-3feet behind the car also stopped at the red light. along comes an idiot texting at 40 mph smashes me in the ass end, no skidmarks ever cause they not paying attention!!! I don't care who you are, you are now hitting the car in front of you, basic physics. do you think for one second your insurance company is gonna cater to you and your 100k vehicle with an open checkbook? NOT GONNA HAPPEN!! this is the SAME industry that makes up words like depreciation, deductible, totaled etc and you have ZERO say so. I insure my vette for 90k just because the insurance may decide to total it at 10k damage. you start bolting extras on these trackhawks you better get some added protection to cover your investment or you may find yourself S.O.L. we look at our trackhawks as works of art superstars etc. insurance world, its just a jeep.

·
Registered
582 Posts
OP is the guy that picks up his favorite pizza, perfectly balances it flat on the passenger seat, takes every turn 15 mph under limit to preserve ultimate cheese distribution and slowly pulls into driveway....

Only to trip on step into the house and smash pizza.

Worrying about your fate and trying to control it will consume you. Relax a little and enjoy life.

·
Super Moderator
1,443 Posts
scenario is im stopped at red light 2-3feet behind the car also stopped at the red light. along comes an idiot texting at 40 mph smashes me in the ass end, no skidmarks ever cause they not paying attention!!! I don't care who you are, you are now hitting the car in front of you, basic physics. do you think for one second your insurance company is gonna cater to you and your 100k vehicle with an open checkbook? NOT GONNA HAPPEN!! this is the SAME industry that makes up words like depreciation, deductible, totaled etc and you have ZERO say so. I insure my vette for 90k just because the insurance may decide to total it at 10k damage. you start bolting extras on these trackhawks you better get some added protection to cover your investment or you may find yourself S.O.L. we look at our trackhawks as works of art superstars etc. insurance world, its just a jeep.
your trippin dude, sell the hawk and buy a Yugo it will be better that way for your future accident.

·
Registered
695 Posts
This is the strangest intro thread to a forum ever...by far.

Take the bus if it’s just a matter of time till someone rear ends you PDQHAWK. Sell the Trackhawk before it gets totaled and insurance stiffs you on the payout.

PDQHAWK, You have what’s referred to as Dystychiphobia - A fear of accidents. Good luck conquering this phobia with a Trackhawk, but hey, look on the bright side, at least you’ve got several air bags for when you do get rear ended.

·
Registered
55 Posts
I’ve got some reassuring news, and a comment. A Honda CRV smashed into my right front end while rushing to a left turn signal. Her airbag went off and she bounced off my nose like a pinball right to the hospital - I didn’t feel it. New front fascia, 2 radiators, right fender all replaced for $7,900 with stock parts, and she runs and looks like new. The TH is a tank, so at least you should feel like your in a safe place. For what it’s worth, I was rear ended at a complete stop by some schmuck who couldn’t get his Honda to stop. Same scenario as you describe and worry about. It didn’t leave a scratch, miraculously. I hope this helps you enjoy your ride - it’s only metal, and your TH is a fortress. Peace.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
im really not concerned about me nor driving at speed. ive had kz bikes with superchargers. buick gnx with line locks, nitrious, dry ice buckets, Lingenfelter z06 vettes. some of the fastest Harleys on the planet built by lakeshore, zippers and the like. along with a few porsches,so not new to speed or high end vehicles I buy and pay for em over the phone most of the time and have em delivered to my driveway, the point im making is its a JEEP. it may have speed goin for It,but at the end of the day its a jeep,, the point I was trying to make is for the guys that if this is their DREAM vehicle pony up some extra cash for additional insurance coverage to be sure you are covered in case of an accident. I just mentioned I carry 90k coverage on my vette, I WELCOME someone to ass end me.check your policy, your premium is based on a jeep grand Cherokee. these things are selling all day long in my area 12-15k off sticker or order a 19 at 18pricing insurance aint gonna fill that gap and god forbid you're heavily modded you are gonna be in some financial hurt, if you financing this thing,

·
Registered
267 Posts
SO you made your post for all of us pleebs that don't know how to insure our vehicles? seriously?

lets me a deal crew, we won't comment on this guys personality disorder, or do anything else to keep this thread going. I beg you all! lol

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I can see im talking over some peoples heads. yo bloody you don't have a choice on how to insure your vehicle, your finance company who OWNS your vehicle outlines that for you. now back to some serious chat like cai's OH BOY !!!!!

·
Registered
582 Posts
I can see im talking over some peoples heads. yo bloody you don't have a choice on how to insure your vehicle, your finance company who OWNS your vehicle outlines that for you. now back to some serious chat like cai's OH BOY !!!!!

You seem to be talking over your own head, because your finance institution defines the MINIMUM limits they want on the car. The choice is yours how you ultimately decide to insure it, as long it’s meets minimum limits. You could insure it for a $1million if like.

And btw, big balla, you are talking about GAP coverage, which is usuallly less then $20-$30/ year on most policies.

But keep talking in giant run-on uneducated sentences and paragraphs. It is entertaining

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
kinda-sorta gap is an extra policy if your an unfavorable or high risk loan, most only cover 50k. if a vehicle is financed regardless if its a dollar or a million dollars has to have full coverage, even in no fault states.sure you can bump up deductibles if you want to save on a premium but take it in the shorts later or drive around with a bashed fender or whatever. the point im making, from the very start is, you can text and drive in my state, I see 4plus accidents a day between these high schools on the main drag. these guys are hitting ya at 40plus mph. I simply stated if I get hit that hard this thing gets traded in, been there done that. six months later body lines are off. squeeks start developing, etc. its happened to me, heavily modded vehicle,lets just say I ended up on the short end of the stick I would hate for it to go down that way for anyone,especially with the amount of money and passion we put into our pride and joy. I elected to over insure to be on the positive side for basically pennies on the dollar like thawkmike mentioned ,cheap peace of mind.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts