Jeep TrackHawk Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New owner here, both to the TH and to Jeeps generally. I've been searching around for information on jacking the car for in-garage tire changes, and can't find great info. The owners manual only speaks to using a "pinch weld" behind the front wheel, and i don't see the specific spot so that makes me nervous. there's a clear frame piece (with, at least on mine, lighter colored undercoating color) that looks like the right spot but i can't see anything that supports that info or any good pictures to demonstrate. Here's the only images i've seen, which matches the owners manual.

The rear looks much clearer to me.

I'm only looking to change wheels/tires, if that helps. I'm not looking to also get the car on jack stands.

I've searched here, but can't find anything either. Apologies if i just missed it. Thanks.

·
Registered
2018 Jeep Grand Cherokee Trackhawk
242 Posts
Found this, but doesn't look the same, rocker panel different on Trackhawk

·
Registered
131 Posts
There is a black metal cross brace underneath the front end. I would suggest you NOT jack it up on that. It can bend easily. As pointed out above, those are the correct areas.

·
Registered
2018 Jeep Grand Cherokee Trackhawk
242 Posts
There is a black metal cross brace underneath the front end. I would suggest you NOT jack it up on that. It can bend easily. As pointed out above, those are the correct areas.
Their have been reports of popping front end noises from those y shaped brackets being bent ever so lightly, that had to be replaced.

Reactions: PBGas
1 - 7 of 7 Posts