Jeep TrackHawk Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Jeep has confirmed the grand Cherokee Trackhawk, a new version of the Grand Cherokee that will be powered by the powerful Hellcat engine found in the Dodge Challenger Hellcat. With confirmation of this beastly Jeep, the internet is now wondering which Jeep will be next to get the Trackhawk treatment.

I've read a few rumors of a Renegade Hellcat, but frankly, I don't see how they are going to make the Renegade capable of handling the 707 horsepower 6.2L Hemi engine that is the Hellcat. They could of course use a different engine that would be more size appropriate for the Renegade.

What about the Wrangler though? Well, we don't have to use our imagination since the guys at Wild boar Off Road already put a Hellcat engine into Wrangler.

Dakota Customs Rapid City, South Dakota, put a supercharged 6.2L V-8 16-valve SRT motor from a crashed '15 Dodge Challenger into a Wrangler. The company also did all the ECM programming and custom wiring to make the engine swap possible.

Dakota installed a W5A580 five-speed auto transmission that had been treated to SOuthern Hot Rods' Viking Stage 2 upgrade kit to boot. That upgrade brings in beefier clutch packs and baskets, with trans valve changes that allow it to shift much firmer and handle the Hemi power. In order to add the extra set of wheels and the 6x6 configuration, a Ford 9-inch twin-screw through-shaft axle was used between the T-case and the rear Dana 44.

Wild Boar extended the original '12 JK Unlimited frame to a 152" wheelbase. A quadruplet of King 2.0 adjustable-compression shocks were added and a set of 35" Toyo Open Country M/T tires wrapped around 17x9" Fuel "Lethal" wheels are tucked beneath the customized GenRight steel tube fenders.

Cosmetically, the Wrangler Hellcat gained Wild Boar modular front and rear bumpers, a WIld Boar front bull bar and brush guards, and a Wild Boar Hawkeye front grille. A hood scoop was added to the hood along with a **** hog hood logo.

This at least gives us a taste of what we may see from jeep after it comes out with the initial Grand Cherokee Hellcat.

·
Registered
599 Posts
I would actually consider getting this. Always liked the G Wagon 6x6 but that thing is crazy expensive and rare to come by. This would be about as close as we can get to MB's offering, this...

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I like how it almost suits the Hellcat engine more because it looks so over the top. Looks like you could be riding around Jurassic Park in that thing. If Jeep actually made a 6x6 version of the Wrangler, maybe it would be a pickup and have the Hellcat engine too, that would sell well as a halo vehicle for the brand in my opinion.

·
Registered
599 Posts
I like how it almost suits the Hellcat engine more because it looks so over the top. Looks like you could be riding around Jurassic Park in that thing. If Jeep actually made a 6x6 version of the Wrangler, maybe it would be a pickup and have the Hellcat engine too, that would sell well as a halo vehicle for the brand in my opinion.
It sure will. The Mercedes G-Class 6x6 is an AMG model with a big engine and people love it. Jeeps work is cut out for them, they can see what people want and act on it and what's posted in this thread is exactly it.

Anyone going to the extreme of a 6x6 will want to go ALL OUT in other areas... engine of course being targeted big.

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well Jeep wants to take on the more high end brands with their SUVs so taking on the G-Class 6x6 is a good move.

·
Registered
599 Posts
They can't take it on, but it's more of a cheaper alternative that people can actually find. I think the MB 6x6 is super rare.

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I also saw plans for for a Jeep pickup.

Makes me wonder what the relationship between the two are.

·
Registered
599 Posts
As far as I know it's just taking the conversion kit they offered and turning that into a model people can buy. So now no more filler till the real deal comes, it's going to soon be here.

·
Registered
599 Posts
Someone needs to make it happen even as a custom build. I'd love to see a brand like Hennessy performance get on board and do something like that. Even better if Jeep does it as a concept or limited run model for people the UAE and other nations where people will really want it.

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Does Jeep sell in the UAE? I I'm sure different performance brands will make the Trackhawk their own. That will be great to see. Not sure how much will really have to do with the engine, but all the other parts can still significantly improve performance, and body kits will obviously change the look quite a bit.

·
Registered
599 Posts
Well they do have people passionate about taking them off road with the massive desert they have to play with, tons of dunes to jump around.

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Oh yea, I heard that those luxury SUVs actually get taken to task in Dubai. Well, outside Dubai, where the sand dunes are.

·
Registered
599 Posts
Yeah. Even in the US there's a small market for it with that exact environment, and even for those that just want something cool although they have all that capability.

·
Registered
135 Posts
The Hellcat engine is going around. Jeep recently Hellcat-powered Trailcat SUV Concept and it's a beast or a Wrangler.

i'm sure there's a small market for concepts like these but until Jeep produces them, we have the trackhawk. May actually pick the Trailcat over the trackhawk.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts