Jeep TrackHawk Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just came across this article on the Dodge Charger getting its own widebody model for 2020. With the Grand Cherokee following behind the Challenger and Charger in terms of their Hellcats, I’m hoping that we also get a widebody model in the future as well. I really like some of the aftermarket wide body kits I’ve seen put on some GC SRT8s, so it would be really cool if FCA/Jeep offered a factory widebody model for the Trackhawk. I would definitely trade up for one of those.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/m/3fb2630e-47b4-34bb-bdd2-710e3cd1741f/dodge-charger-widebody-is.html

Do you guys think we’ll get this option? Maybe 2021? What say you...

·
Registered
267 Posts
the wide body option is cool, The trackhawk is already pretty wide with wide tires and AWD, so wide body I don't think will happen. Thankfully, Im more about the redeye motor with the demon 2.65 blower :) and that will happen. hopefully 2020.

·
Registered
695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
the wide body option is cool, The trackhawk is already pretty wide with wide tires and AWD, so wide body I don't think will happen. Thankfully, Im more about the redeye motor with the demon 2.65 blower :) and that will happen. hopefully 2020.
The widebody Redeye would be sick! I’d get in line for that right now. These are the things us keep-it-stock guys hope (and pray) for. :smile2:

·
Registered
18 Posts
I love the Challenger widebody, am keen to see the final Charger widebod in person, and might entertain a widebody Trackhawk. Honestly I like the exterior of the Trackhawk as it sits. But in order of preference I would rather see the new aluminum block first , a larger factory blower second, and a widebody third.

Now, a widebody Trackhawk with an aluminum block and 2.7-3.0 blower... Yes!

·
Registered
695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I love the Challenger widebody, am keen to see the final Charger widebod in person, and might entertain a widebody Trackhawk. Honestly I like the exterior of the Trackhawk as it sits. But in order of preference I would rather see the new aluminum block first , a larger factory blower second, and a widebody third.

Now, a widebody Trackhawk with an aluminum block and 2.7-3.0 blower... Yes!
A Demonized Trackhawk is the ultimate want.

·
Registered
55 Posts
More power in this platform would be great, though, I tend to doubt that FCA would invest in the R&D for the drivetrain, etc., if this platform is scheduled to sunset shortly. If current parts bin availability would allow for the alloy block and larger “ Redeye” blower ( and perhaps the A/C interchiller), I would swap my pristine 18 immediately. I do expect it to run another $10-20K premium, should it ever be offered.

I would love a wide body version just to keep some of the bodywork from getting rashed up by the dirt/ gravel being tossed around the current skinny fender flares.
If it comes to pass, I would hope it would not look tacky like the early 90’s GMC Typhoon, which had a bit of the Ricky Racer bolt-on bodywork look to it.

·
Registered
695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
More power in this platform would be great, though, I tend to doubt that FCA would invest in the R&D for the drivetrain, etc., if this platform is scheduled to sunset shortly. If current parts bin availability would allow for the alloy block and larger “ Redeye” blower ( and perhaps the A/C interchiller), I would swap my pristine 18 immediately. I do expect it to run another $10-20K premium, should it ever be offered.

I would love a wide body version just to keep some of the bodywork from getting rashed up by the dirt/ gravel being tossed around the current skinny fender flares.
If it comes to pass, I would hope it would not look tacky like the early 90’s GMC Typhoon, which had a bit of the Ricky Racer bolt-on bodywork look to it.
I loved the Typhoon wide body. It was chunky, but technically not bolt on like the true bolt on kits. I don’t like the bolt look either.

So our current AWD transmission can’t handle the Redeye power, but the 2wd transmission in the Challenger can?

·
Registered
582 Posts
I would say the weak link is the center transfer case and front diff, which a few stock TH’s have already toasted.

The trans itself should be able to handle the additional power .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
18 Posts
I would say the weak link is the center transfer case and front diff, which a few stock TH’s have already toasted.

The trans itself should be able to handle the additional power .

For the front diff, haven’t those been toasted by doing launches without being in sport or track mode?

For the transfer case, I understand that the Trackhawk case already has forged sprockets and a wider chain than the SRT or other Hemi GC’s. Is there an option to strengthen the TH case when you are going for big numbers?

·
Registered
582 Posts
For the front diff, haven’t those been toasted by doing launches without being in sport or track mode?

For the transfer case, I understand that the Trackhawk case already has forged sprockets and a wider chain than the SRT or other Hemi GC’s. Is there an option to strengthen the TH case when you are going for big numbers?

What happened when those guys roasted the transfer case or front diff is up for debate.

But the front diff for trackhawk is same front diff that srt8 has.

Is it the weak point? No one know for sure as to why... ???

·
Registered
65 Posts
4x4 is way more demanding for your transmission than rwd with the same power because the grip is too good. In rwd if the power nocks in the wheels slip and this evacuates the powerpeaks in the driveline. 4x4 your transmission takes all the slams. That is also the reason why TH has 10 hp less than charger with the same engine

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk

·
Registered
65 Posts
I don’t think widebody or demon jeep will happen. If you like widebodies look at tyrannos they have very nice oem look bodykits. It is Russian!!

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk

1 - 15 of 15 Posts