Jeep TrackHawk Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Administrator
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Tunes

Gradually exciting modifications for the Trackhawk have been coming out and here are some examples of what Trackhawk owners have been doing so far. One of the most exciting are tunes from Livernois Motorsports, the first to tune the Trackhawk and many other Chrysler products. So far we have members with the S750 and S900 packages that are getting impressive performance gains. Member Volant165 seen his best 0-60 in just 2.7 seconds and 1/4 mile of 10.7 seconds. These being early gains from just one tuning company we can't wait to see what the future holds.

• PRICE: $699.99
  • SKU: LPP0116381
  • BRAND: Livernois Motorsports
  • CATEGORY: MYCALIBRAT
  • WEIGHT: 2lbs
Livernois Motorsports made history by becoming the first company to offer tuning for 2018+ Chrysler vehicles. For the 2018 Jeep Grand Cherokee Trackhawk, our S750 package includes the necessary tuning and dyno work to increase the power output of your Trackhawk by up to 45hp with no other modifications!

Loving it so far. S900 package. see below. best 0-60 2.7 so far. 3.0 was on half tank of fuel and four guys in the rig. Two of them are seasoned racers and were well impressed. 10.7 was best 1/4 mile on runflats. have new wheels and tires at the ready to lighten the load.

more

Intakes

Intakes being a popular first modification it was no surprise that some are in development. Member Biggie27 had his Trackhawk used as a test mule for development of a Carbon Fiber Intake from DDR and the results have been impressive. Video of it hitting the dyno with a snap shot of the results are included below. Cutting to the chase, 40hp was gained, all from just an intake. Much like the tune above from Livernois Motorsports its one of the first to be shown how it is here. So far other popular intake makers like AEM haven't shown off their products yet.

My car was a test mule for DDR to make the carbon fiber system for the track hawk and the results were unbelievable!!!! Everyone’s jaw dropped when we saw the numbers just from the intake alone, this truck is really restricted when it comes to airflow the pictures speak for themselves

more

Exhaust

Among other popular first modifications are exhaust especially with an engine as big as the Trackhawks. So far members Slatecj7 and JohnWGW went with exhaust systems from Borla and GT Haus. Again, some of the first Trackhawk owners to have these installed. Although there is video of the Borla Atak system below, there's none of the GT Haus system so far. Having seen what was done among the SRT8 community with a decent range off headers and full exhaust systems from brands like Kooks, American Racing, Borla and many more, we can't wait to see how similar brands will respond to the Trackhawk.

Rolled the dice on the kit for the SRT and so glad I did. Perfect fit and mesmerizing sound.

Borla Cat-back TM & Axle-Back exhaust systems feature patented straight-through and multi-core technology to unleash hidden horsepower. Increased exhaust velocity adds power, driving excitement, fuel economy, and the distinctive BORLA® Sound of Power respected by motoring enthusiasts everywhere.

Each system is built from premium 300-series austenitic stainless steel, superior to T-400 series knockoffs (such as 409), to give you the absolute best in performance and durability. Ultra-smooth mandrel bends ensure maximum flow & power, and precision computer-controlled CNC manufacturing ensures an accurate fit. Best of all, BORLA stands behind every system with a Million-Mile Warranty. Just what you’d expect from the world’s most experienced (and most winning) exhaust brand.
- Borla
more

I was one of the first people to order the GT Valved exhuast for the trackhawk! It was supposed to be to me Mid March... But here we are and its finally shipping.. Stay tuned for clips and info!

more

Brakes

With all these performance modifications for improved power and torque, stopping power quickly becomes a priority and Demon Performance has finally come out with a brake system for the front and rear. They are now taking orders and with the high demand for these, odds are they will sell out. Development of different applications from Demon should happen but will depend on demand. Availability of "Street Pads" that don't give off dust like the OEM Brembo's do is being arranged as Demon claims "We're working with our pad supplier now to see what it will take to get done. " Follow this thread for more information and updates.

Now Taking Orders! We have a pretty big shipment coming so act fast before pre-orders sell out! We'll cove the ride for the first 20 orders shipped ConUs

The Demon Performance brake system is a direct replacement for the OE disc. No modifications are necessary. The disc will bolt directly to the car and work with OE calipers perfectly. By upgrading your brakes with lightweight high performance replacements as opposed to a big brake kit, your factory bias is maintained as well as your ABS efficiency. Our front rotors are 30.75 lbs vs. 38.65 lbs for the stock units. The rear rotors are 17 lbs vs. 24 lbs for the stock units. This reduction in rotational and unsprung weight allows for quicker acceleration and suspension response.

The central hat section of our rotor is made from strictly U.S. sourced 6061-T6 aircraft specification aluminum. The disc is made from our own proprietary cast iron, poured in the USA and machined from start to finish for us specifically. The rotor utilizes a curved vane design, developed in racing to act as a centrifugal pump to force cooling air through the disc.

The rotor and hat have a floating mount system, which utilizes high strength alloy steel drive pins, manufactured in the USA to our own specifications and cadmium plated for a long lasting corrosion resistance. These pins take the load from braking actions while maintaining the axial and radial float between the hat and disc. The pins are secured by grade 12 cap screws with hardened washers. In order to keep the rotors from making noise when cold, the pins are mounted with anti-noise spring washers on the rotor side which allow the rotor to grow with heat expansion but eliminate the rattle and noise associated with floating rotors. This float also allows the rotor to self-center between the pads.

Once the Demon Performance brake system is in place, simply replace the cast iron rotor when needed.

$1449 for the Front Set
$720 for replacement rotor rings/hardware

$1049 for the Rear Set
$540 for replacement rotor rings/hardware

$XXX for S/S Racing Pads - Front (Working on fronts now! Sit tight)
$180 for S/S Racing Pads - Rear

Brand new intermediate pad called the S/S pads for street/strip. These pads feature a hotter compound than our standard Street pads and are capable of maintaining braking efficiency up to 1000 degrees. Inevitably these will dust a little more than our Street pads and can make a little noise from time to time however with our anti noise backing plates which all pads will come with we have heard very little to no noise from these pads.

Comparatively the S/S pads perform very similarly to the Ferodo DS2500's, a pad which we have had very good luck with in the past.

$XXX for Street Pads - Front (Working on fronts now! Sit tight)
$150 for Street Pads - Rear

Street Pads are the solution to your squeaky, dusty, expensive factory pads. They have less dust than typical factory pads and much less than typical performance pads. You won't be cleaning your wheels nearly as often. Additionally, they have great initial bite, something most less expensive pads are lacking. But the real reason people like our pads so much is they are the "silver bullet" to brake noise problems. Street pads are a semi-metallic composition that is easy on the rotors and the wallet. We recommend always replacing pads as a whole car set when switching compounds. All street pads come with our anti-noise shields pre-installed, included in the price. When comparison shopping, be sure to notice the quality of our components. Any questions, give us a call, we're happy to help!

>:)>:)>:)

more

·
Registered
212 Posts
Still waiting from GT haus... They did give me my x pipe... Probably so they could save on some storage space... and so i wouldnt cancel my order.... Wheres the turbo setup =D

Please carbon ceramic rotors =D Ill be the test mule.... My z06 stops on a dime....

·
Registered
110 Posts
I will be ordering a CAI system for sure. But I’m just surprised to see posts suggesting increase in hp with just the addition of an intake. How is that possible without a tune?

Reminds of the early Hellcat days when there manufacturers (names withheld intentionally) claiming 30+ hp increase. But in reality there was no significant performance boost....just a louder sc whine. Lol. Which is absolutely fine, as that is precisely why I’m ordering it.

·
Registered
212 Posts
GT Haus saying they are shipping my exhuast tomorrow. My BWoody CAI instake will be here soon as well... Also i got my engine covers painted red... Those will be done in 5-7 weeks....

Just need my Demon pads on all 4 corners.... And pray that they make me a set of carbon ceramic Rotors!

·
Registered
212 Posts
I will be ordering a CAI system for sure. But I’m just surprised to see posts suggesting increase in hp with just the addition of an intake. How is that possible without a tune?

Reminds of the early Hellcat days when there manufacturers (names withheld intentionally) claiming 30+ hp increase. But in reality there was no significant performance boost....just a louder sc whine. Lol. Which is absolutely fine, as that is precisely why I’m ordering it.
Just an FYI, on these high HP motors.... there are some choke points that are easily fixed... Just for example take my z06... People are getting 30-40hp gain from a drop in filter or a CAI without a tune... They actually shipped the car with the Grand Sport intake on it... and without a tune people are getining 30 hp gain every time.... Its not very common, but its not super rare either... Good LucK!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts