Jeep TrackHawk Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Curious if you’ll see ur IAT rise like the rest of us with intakes. Please let us know how it goes.
Lil Hemi, are you saying that your IAT increased when changing to the new cold air intake? If so you could in theory be losing HP. Its my understanding that as IAT goes up the engine management system pulls timing and you lose HP.

·
Super Moderator
2,514 Posts
The IAT displayed in the gauges is for the intake itself (I believe). I believe there is another temp probe in the intake manifold and that is the one used by the PCM/ECU to determine if timing needs to be pulled. My intake has a grommet to hold the IAT sensor in place and not a twist n lock like JLT. I turned it 90 degrees and saw an increase in IAT on the performance pages. I think the larger diameter tube equals lower velocity air/variances in IAT probe positioning cause the higher registered intake temps but I haven’t seen any increase on my times so I think it’s just a case of instrumentation. I could be wrong, if anyone knows for sure, please chime in. You can also look up my post on “ legmaker “ but I think everyone that has put on an intake has seen this same “issue”.

·
Registered
67 Posts
The IAT we see is the one after the blower - inside the manifold - downstream air temp. Not sure why they have so many IAT sensors on this thing, I think there are 4 to monitor all kind of changes.

I "just" installed my JLT intake and didn't see any noticeable temp changes vs the stock airbox, so that's good. But it's not like I did a real test and data logged. Just visually looking at the IAT temps, tooling around they were ~110F before and after. 59F ambient while I tested. This is a SUPER nice kit and IMHO the best one since it's the only one that isolates the filter from the hot engine air, at least as much as it can.

Attachments

1 - 6 of 6 Posts