Jeep TrackHawk Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I think its cool but the rest of the family hates the super loud SC whine now! It turns out that the stock airbox and intake assembly is specially designed to supress the SC whine. Did anyone notice the strange rectangular thing sticking out of the side of the stock intake between the airbox and throttle body? Turns out, that is a resonator tuned to the frequency of the SC whine, and it works! Im thinking I may have to go back to the stock intake. Anyone interested in my JLT, hit me up. Has about 300 miles on it!

Reactions: SCREAMR

·
Registered
582 Posts
You can also remove the resonator in the stock air box and plug the hole. As stated, plenty of people did before the CAI were available for this truck in early 2018.

It’ll give you some whine but not near what an aftermarket intake gives you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
PMs answered. If it were just up to me, I would be keeping it, but everyone else hates the whine. I never did a before and after dyno, but JLT claims +35 hp which sounds a bit optimistic to me, but what do I know! Merry Christmas!

Reactions: SCREAMR

·
Registered
218 Posts
PMs answered. If it were just up to me, I would be keeping it, but everyone else hates the whine. I never did a before and after dyno, but JLT claims +35 hp which sounds a bit optimistic to me, but what do I know! Merry Christmas!
The JLT claims are accurate. There are independent unbiased testing done on it and many youtube video's showing 35 whp gains.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Where can I get a plug for my stock intake resonator?

·
Registered
65 Posts
I think its cool but the rest of the family hates the super loud SC whine now! It turns out that the stock airbox and intake assembly is specially designed to supress the SC whine. Did anyone notice the strange rectangular thing sticking out of the side of the stock intake between the airbox and throttle body? Turns out, that is a resonator tuned to the frequency of the SC whine, and it works! Im thinking I may have to go back to the stock intake. Anyone interested in my JLT, hit me up. Has about 300 miles on it!
Have you looked into NEW AFE Intake?

·
Registered
65 Posts
temps were in low
50s early January and I am sure those numbers were reading high from dynojet but also had hp Tune map downloaded before second dyno run and my friends charger hellcat with JLT intake on different dyno made 24hp only. So im guessing around that range

1st run with JLT intake 34hp and 2nd run 35hp over stock

Reactions: X+ Pilot
1 - 20 of 23 Posts