Jeep TrackHawk Forum banner
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just received my JLT Intake and got it installed in about 30 minutes. It was pretty straightforward, hardest part was rotating the radiator hose clamp up. Pretty clean design.

Attachments

·
Registered
379 Posts
Just received my JLT Intake and got it installed in about 30 minutes. It was pretty straightforward, hardest part was rotating the radiator hose clamp up. Pretty clean design.
Have you had a chance to see if SC whine has increased and any increase in HP rated on the performance pages?
Also did the JLT install video help you? Have you noticed any water from rain or washing your TH?

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Have you had a chance to see if SC whine has increased and any increase in HP rated on the performance pages?
Also did the JLT install video help you? Have you noticed any water from rain or washing your TH?
SC whine is much louder and more pronounced at low rpm. as for HP, cant tell a difference. Ill let you know after it rains.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Just installed ours today also. I recommend pulling this trim piece out it allows extra cold air from under the lip of the hood to get into the intake area
Did your intake kit come with the water protector cover for the air filter ?

·
Registered
35 Posts
Question? Has anyone see a dyno before and after of any of these intakes other then the whine. $500.00 bucks for more whine does not seem like it makes much sense. I personally think the stock intake does great on what it is made for. I think a open intake takes in more heat from the engine bay then close one. I bought a legmaker and never put it on it is my storage shed it just don't look like it's what it suppose to do other to make more whine. Now this is my personal believe. Please everyone has their idea and that is why everyone is different.

·
Registered
112 Posts
JLT website has a dyno video of before and after

·
Registered
67 Posts
Just installed ours today also. I recommend pulling this trim piece out it allows extra cold air from under the lip of the hood to get into the intake area
I was thinking about this and asked Jay on FB if he's tried it and if he recommends it. I didn't get the pre-filter so wondering about water coming in there, have you driven in the rain yet and if you did how much ended up on the filter?

·
Registered
43 Posts
We had a jlt intake on our 2014 SRT Jeep and pulled that piece and drove in monsoon down pours and never had a problem. This is basically the same setup.

·
Registered
35 Posts
I just don't see a stock trackhawk with before and after the cold intake. There is one with mods after but no stock. If some one seen it please send link to it.
Thanks

·
Registered
112 Posts
Does removing that plastic trim piece leave the rubber dangling/unsupported or does it stay in tact?

1 - 20 of 42 Posts