Jeep TrackHawk Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
412 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Awhile back I had the Eibach lowering springs installed. Initial alignment put both the front and rear slightly over max negative camber spec. Rears are out by .2^, and will just have to stay that way... I'm not buying aftermarket lower control arms with heim joints, solid bushings, etc. Been there done that... this is not a race car.

But I did purchase some adjustable camber plates for the front. Mistake.

Had these installed... complete junk. Do not waste your $$ or time. The tech I use locally is very good. He liked the design, and installed them per the instructions. Not 1 mile down the road, I'm getting clunk-clunk on some sharp turns and also traversing over elevation changes. Got it home, parked it, called him back and took it right back over this morning. He said the bolts were still tight, but the brackets had shifted... that was what was moving around and causing some occasional noise (and vibration I could feel through the floorboard).

Using the stock nuts, he was able to get the front back into spec. Its at -1.75^ camber, which is great. Rears are still out barely... -2.00^ (spec shows 1.80^ max camber).

Just wanted to let you know my experience.

I won't sell these to someone on the forum, unless you know something I don't (and my trusted alignment shop doesn't), and you just want to give them a shot.

Attachments

·
Registered
349 Posts
Anybody ever get these to work right?

·
Registered
218 Posts
Haven't really heard of any issues with them, besides this one.

·
Registered
2018 Jeep Grand Cherokee Trackhawk
187 Posts
I've had mine in since Nov 2019(8000 miles ago) with no problems at all, but I had read of others having problems, so I called to get torque specs, 130 ft lbs. Made adjusting front much easier if installed correctly.

Reactions: ROCKETW19

·
Registered
349 Posts
I could see if the anchor bolt wasn't installed into the K member to hold the plate. I believe the hole is hidden on top of a metal plate. I'll try it tonight so I can get the alignment done and get the wheels to sit more upright. Barely in-spec has been bothering me for a year since I lowered it. The back was way easier with Bwoody parts.

·
Registered
2018 Jeep Grand Cherokee Trackhawk
187 Posts
I could see if the anchor bolt wasn't installed into the K member to hold the plate. I believe the hole is hidden on top of a metal plate. I'll try it tonight so I can get the alignment done and get the wheels to sit more upright. Barely in-spec has been bothering me for a year since I lowered it. The back was way easier with Bwoody parts.
Have to remove skid plate for electric steering

·
Registered
349 Posts
Correct. Skid plate removed and access was easy. Shop got it dialed in easy.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts