Jeep TrackHawk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys and girls, my name is Buddy and I just purchased an 18 Rhino with red leather. I don’t pick it up til Friday, but signed on the dotted line today. Honestly, I tried to talk myself out of this impulse buy for 6 months! Was looking at SRT DURANGOS, but couldn’t get past the fact that someone would have 707 hp, and I only had 485! One quick question that is bugging me under the hood. All of the TH’s I looked at had a discolored air inlet rubber. WTF is that all about? Other than that, the car is super clean, the dealer put it up on a rack and let me look underneath. Super clean, not a rock chip or scratch anywhere. I know I am gonna have a lot of questions, but for now, just wanted to introduce myself and say hello!
Buddy

·
Registered
345 Posts
Welcome, your going to love the TH... Any year and any color, they are all quick. And you are right about the 485hp Durango's. I had two 485hp GC SRT's before I bought my first TH.... The SRT's were pretty awesome at the time since that was all Jeep was making and we didn't know better. :smile2:
But now after having a couple of TH's, there's no way I'm going back to a measly 485 hp vehicle.

BTW, the discoloration of the air intake is normal. Noticed it on both of mine.

Welcome to the board, be safe and have fun.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks guys.
Buddy

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Still pacing the floor waiting for the phone call that it’s ready. I don’t know if it’s Massachusetts, or the fact that there was still a lien holder on the orig title, but I thought I would be driving it home last Tuesday after striking a deal! This is killing me!
Buddy

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks, and I know it!
Buddy

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Of course I got a call yesterday that my TH is ready! I’m in Florida on vacation! Now I just want to go home!
Buddy

·
Super Moderator
945 Posts
LOL you said you tried 6 months to talk out of impulse buy LMAO. my impulse was "oh TH are 14K below sticker" ok goto dealer and buy
congrats have fun and of coarse post pictures

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
congrats, perfect color! I see you also have a 99 SS, I have a 98 and my son has 99.
They came back with hugger orange in 99. Had to have it! Picked up the Rhino today FINALLY! Fun ride down from Massachusetts. Got stuck in a little rush hour traffic, or it would have been more fun! I love it!
Buddy

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I know Anthony. Great guy! Does great work too! I see him at a lot of cruise ins and shows.
Buddy

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Will do. Spring is right around the corner!
Buddy

1 - 20 of 21 Posts