Jeep TrackHawk Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello from San Diego, I just picked up my 2018 Trackhawk (Granite Crystal Metallic over Black Laguna interior with black wheels) from a dealer in Las Vegas and drove it home- what an incredible drive.
I must give thanks to this forum as when I arrived to buy and test drive it- it felt underpowered, so I checked and found the threads about the yellow engine/key fob issue- and sure enough that was the culprit. I notified my sales guy and the service department who had never heard of this, they found another new key fob local- we went and picked it up that hour, reprogrammed the fob and unlocked the red engine with the full 707hp. It looks like the first owner unfortunately drove it 20k miles not knowing the truck was in yellow engine mode..
So I took delivery and drove it home- all I can say is WOW. This thing is insane- incredibly fast, violent acceleration that is addicting and makes a phenomenal sound. I am really liking the interior and tech inside as well, it is my new DD to replace my ‘17 6.2 Silverado and what a difference, I bet this thing would give my 600whp Gtr a run for its money !
The dealer installed tint and the Mopar bright aluminum pedals are being sent to me from the dealer and I will be installing them when they arrive in the next few days.
Looking forward to meeting fellow enthusiasts on this site.
Just detailed it and would love to post some pictures but I believe my post count needs to be higher.

·
Registered
655 Posts
Congrats on the TH and welcome to the group. That's interesting that the PO drove it 20k in the yellow mode. He literally never knew what he was missing. Glad you quickly figured it out.

·
Super Moderator
2,289 Posts
No, u can add pics right away. When ur typing, scroll up and look for the paperclip 📎 to attach pictures. Welcome to the gang. Order some powerstop brake pads ASAP, the brake dust on OEM pads is unreal.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank you for the welcome, understood and noted. I agree, I feel bad for the previous owner- having the full power is the main reason I bought it, and man does it surpass my expectations ! I will try and upload some pictures here

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
2,289 Posts
Slap some pullies on it and it’ll beat that GTR. Mine’s at around 1100hp at the crank and it’s so much fun.

·
Registered
65 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Wow very interesting article.. The cars definitely have some similarities for sure and I enjoy certain aspects of both. I will probably start modding in a bit once the miles get higher and the warranty runs out but enjoying the stock power for now, it’s sure increidble. Very nice evo x - those are fun as well! Thanks for the kind words everyone.

·
Super Moderator
2,289 Posts
I put AMS Motorsports STX500 package on it. It’s also a final edition so it’s #1156 out of 1600 made. Rarely gets driven these days though.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts