Jeep TrackHawk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
We don't even have pricing yet do we ? Where did you put this deposit down and what did they say about it ? Didn't think you could even put deposits down yet

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
We don't even have pricing yet do we ? Where did you put this deposit down and what did they say about it ? Didn't think you could even put deposits down yet
The dealer said they would likely get one allocation and I will get it at whatever the MSRP will be. It just depends on the dealer, other dealers thought I was crazy when I asked to put a deposit down.

I've done the same thing in the past with other limited edition cars. I put $2,000 down, no refund unless they don't get a car.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The car will be special, so I'm not too concerned about the deposit. I'm guessing $80ish MSRP, and close to $90k with options.

I wish SRT would do special order colors.

·
Registered
184 Posts
I just can't wait to see a build sheet and see what options they'll be offering. So I presume they'll be sending you notifications as to any new information or changes that comes out ??

·
Registered
599 Posts
The car will be special, so I'm not too concerned about the deposit. I'm guessing $80ish MSRP, and close to $90k with options.

I wish SRT would do special order colors.
Now more and more car makers are realizing that taking it step beyond just being your typical high performance trim is the way to go. BMW is a good example of this with its M4 GTS, we never had anything like it before. There was the M3 CSL but that was it, a long time ago.

So maybe we'll one day see a Trackhawk ______ show up on the market, the only question is what could that step above be.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Now with seeing the SRT Demon coming out, I can only imagine Jeep taking the Trackhawk one step forward and upping it to that level or close enough. It'll probably lose the Trackhawk designation and be called the Jeep GrandCherokee SRT Demon though.

·
Registered
599 Posts
Now with seeing the SRT Demon coming out, I can only imagine Jeep taking the Trackhawk one step forward and upping it to that level or close enough. It'll probably lose the Trackhawk designation and be called the Jeep GrandCherokee SRT Demon though.
Not so fast, they need to work it up incrementally. As much as me, you and the next person wants to see it happen, Dodge didn't jump at this idea right away, otherwise they would have done it much sooner.

Just like how the Charger and Challenger took a while to go Hellcat, and progress all throughout their phases, the GC can expect that as well.

At the end of the day its just Jeep managing risk and acting accordingly.

What helps is the Demon will be in the next Fast and Furious movie

·
Registered
184 Posts
Definitely won't happen that quickly. They're going to run the Trackhawk for an easy maybe 2-3 years I think and then release something with more power.

The demon being in the next Fast and Furious movie will help raise the hype for it, although it definitely is stirring up quite the interest with the teaser videos they're releasing one by one.

·
Registered
599 Posts
A basis for starting price would be 25% more than a base SRT.
That's the sort of price increase i've seen on the charger which should hold true on the GC.
So that being the case it will start right around that low $80k range but maybe not breaking $85k

·
Registered
184 Posts
Can't go wrong with that at all. With other high performance vehicles like the X6M starting at over $100k, it's a good look. It may not be as luxury as the X6M but it should have easily an extra 100hp

·
Registered
134 Posts
Doesn't need to have the luxury of an X6M ;) Once it's sporty enough, I'll be happy. I think it should be something around this but maybe a step further in the sporty direction?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Has anyone else been able to put down a deposit? Most dealers are saying no to me, one has said I have it but they have yet to charge my credit card so I am not confident I have their allocation.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I was told to put down $5k with the price TBD. I was also told to give them a letter certifying I was the end user and would not resell it. Final price will be determined by the demand.

·
Registered
184 Posts
So essentially final price is going to be a hefty markup is what I'm expecting.

That not reselling it thing is interesting though, but I would want to see that contract or letter and read through it with a fine tooth comb. How long do you have to wait before you can resell it?

·
Registered
599 Posts
I can not find anyone in Southern California that will take a deposit, can anyone help?
Have you had any luck in putting down deposit seeing how you posted this 4 days ago?

The only worst case scenario I can imagine right now is being put on a second batch and with that waiting longer.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts