Jeep TrackHawk Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Get the Legmaker CAI if you want a CAI. You will hear the SC Whine and gain a little HP. Knocked a little over a tenth off my quarter mile at Rockingham NC drag strip last year at the MSHS race. If you cant afford the Legmaker dont waste money on a K&N just get the green filter.

·
Registered
244 Posts
Green filter definitely flows better, i was only seeing a max of 10 lbs of boost before going green and after I installed the green filter I now see 11 lbs. I assume I must’ve been at around 10.8, 10.9 before green and maybe now after going green I must be at 11 or 11.1 I guess. Definitely flows better, I switched back to the stock filter thinking it might be a fluke but no it went back to reading a max of 10 lbs

·
Registered
131 Posts
Green filter definitely flows better, i was only seeing a max of 10 lbs of boost before going green and after I installed the green filter I now see 11 lbs. I assume I must’ve been at around 10.8, 10.9 before green and maybe now after going green I must be at 11 or 11.1 I guess. Definitely flows better, I switched back to the stock filter thinking it might be a fluke but no it went back to reading a max of 10 lbs
I tried this yesterday with my green filter as well and discovered the exact same thing.

·
Registered
685 Posts
Just put in the Green today and took a little ride.

The power seems to hit harder, but that could just be wishful thinking.

Max boost is still 10 psi but, on the dyno page, max power looks to be about 610hp, whereas before it was about 600.

What are the rest of you guys seeing....stock and Green?

·
Registered
42 Posts
Green filter and Solo exhaust are only mods...floored it on highway and held steady at 11psi the whole time.

·
Registered
5 Posts
The thing that I question about the Green Filter (and maybe the K&N also) is "does it trap dirt particles as well as a paper element"?

When a filter flows better it seems to me that the obvious trade-off may be that the air passageways are less fine, less able to stop the smaller particles that could still cause wear in tout precious engines.

I sent a message to Green filter asking about this - no response.

Does anyone have stats on air filter dirt removal efficiency?

·
Registered
50 Posts
This company is having a sale today. I bought their cold air intake or my TH. I have the green filter which I will sell to anyone making a fair offer. I bought the AFE CAI because the rubber is bleaching out to white that is the stock air intake connector. It's ugly, got a new one under Warrantee but it is also turning white. I don't want to have to clean it/oil it all the time. Won't have that problem with carbon fiber intake from AFE. It's expensive and looks it but better price today.

https://afepower.com/afe-power-57-10002r-track-series-carbon-fiber-pro-5r-cold-air-intake-system

$630 today

·
Super Moderator
2,510 Posts
Did you grab a prefilter too? I’ve found they help keep the big chunks of stuff out of the filter pleats. Grabbed a cleaning kit while I was there. Didn’t see an option to grab a spare filter element though but I can always pick one up later.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts