Jeep TrackHawk Forum banner

21 - 40 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
554 Posts
We have specific areas of the city where you could find all the races you wanted just cruising. 90% of my kills happen there as it is also a route I take for work late at night most times.

New X5m with dealer tags still on it and a 600cc bike both ate it at same light Monday night. Bike should have been closer, but kid couldn't get out of hole with it properly and it was over before he knew it.

Bad news is, speed cameras are coming to the road by years end.

·
Banned
362 Posts
We have specific areas of the city where you could find all the races you wanted just cruising. 90% of my kills happen there as it is also a route I take for work late at night most times.

New X5m with dealer tags still on it and a 600cc bike both ate it at same light Monday night. Bike should have been closer, but kid couldn't get out of hole with it properly and it was over before he knew it.

Bad news is, speed cameras are coming to the road by years end.
Not sure if this stuff really works against cameras but it's been around for awhile. Maybe it's worth a try... https://www.phantomplate.com/

Similarly, I've been using radar detectors/scramblers for more than a decade now. There aren't a 100% but they seem to work pretty well, especially at a distance. If you are too close to the radar, forget it.

·
Registered
554 Posts
They are converting the known red light cameras to speed cameras on this particular road, so that's not a big deal, as there are maybe 5 within the city limits. The big question is if they will add more or even start using portable ones.

We shall see. And TBH, it is a notoriously dangerous stretch of road, as you get some real dopes thinking every light is a drag strip.

·
Super Moderator
1,109 Posts
most people have no clue how to race. a lot of fly bys by the rookies. no one is smart enough to actually line up and race. maybe to scared to loose. I had one real race in my Raptor VS a F150 he was smart enough to pull up honk 3 times and launch, no one else seems to under stand this.

·
Banned
362 Posts
I'm really surprised we don't see more posts on this thread. I've had a couple of close ones with a few "supercars" but never been beat yet.

As of yesterday, you can add late models ZL1 Camaros to the list of those you can see in the TH rear view. (ZL1's are rated at @650hp.) I have no idea if he was stock but it was a really good pull from ~70 to ~120. It was actually pretty close. He punched it first at about 70 when his front bumper was about even with my front door. At ~120 he was about 2 full car lengths behind when we both needed to shut them down. I suspect it would have been even more in an actual 1/4 mile standing start. He didn't try again...

At least the ZL1 is worthy challenger....

·
Registered
83 Posts
Short story from last night, newer Subaru STI catches me at a long red light I see him waving his arms to roll down my window. So I do. He yells awd to awd I gave him the thumbs up turned the knob to track light turned yellow the other direction so I hit launch and put foot to the floor to get ready, light goes green I let him jump into the intersection first. As soon as I see his tail lights I let her fly. All the groceries hit the back door lol ( coming from the store) I passed him by the time we hit the other side of the intersection. And from that point on I’m not even sure if he was still on it in the mirror it looked like something was sucking him backwards lol.
Gauges showed 0-60 was 3.4sec with a 1.21G launch t I took it to 115mph and let off. He drove up to the next light and with his jaw in his window sil he said that’s a Trackhawk huh? I just said yes it is have a good night and took my smashed groceries to the house 😎

·
Registered
65 Posts
Well today was a normal day until this douche hiding inside his newly paper plates all blacked out Range Rover SVR and tried my TrackHawk not even close took him to Gapplebees on a first try. Then he wanted more after he caught up and pulled up next to me but never rolled his window down with limo tints..Second time he just took off and I turned left ..pffft
https://www.jeeptrackhawk.org/forum/images/JeepTrackHawk_2015/smilies/tango_face_grin.png

·
Registered
33 Posts
so not sure what type of mercedes it was (debadged), but assume it was amg. Had a rolling 50mph start when I moved to pass him and he decided to punch it - mistake for him... Wasn't as bad as if it had been red light start, but left him in the rear view anyway. Best part of race was wifey and her reaction to just how fast a race can be - LOL. Well, and maybe the rookie flyby after he was toasted. Trackhawks are awesome!!!

·
Registered
56 Posts
Over here just this past week a VW Golf R, a New M3, a couple Porsche's Cayenne's Turbo S and today Macon GT3. In the past RS4, RS6, and a bunch of Mercedes AMG C63 platforms. Got spanked though by some high end rides once we get above 150 since we do drive a brick, like an AMG GTR. The TH is a autobahn cruiser and if traffic is clear you can stretch legs against a lot of nice rides. From a dig as you know most don't have a chance. There will always be faster rides, but not many. My quote: "We drive a TH. The World is my Racetrack. There are Faster Rides; but not many. Those that are Faster, we can tow" My rule is no one passes unless their ride cost more than mine. That normally means a super car or high end mod'd ride. Love it that a SUV with splash guards does so well. LOL

·
Registered
505 Posts
Cool story, thanks for posting. What's your favorite Autobahn?

In the 1990s, when I was in Germany a couple of times each year, my favorite was the Stuttgart-Heilbronn run, due to much less traffic. I'd make a bunch of round-trip loops on any free day I had.

Is it still that way, or is everywhere congested much of the time?

Reactions: jimvanpatten

·
Registered
56 Posts
Cool story, thanks for posting. What's your favorite Autobahn?

In the 1990s, when I was in Germany a couple of times each year, my favorite was the Stuttgart-Heilbronn run, due to much less traffic. I'd make a bunch of round-trip loops on any free day I had.

Is it still that way, or is everywhere congested much of the time?
'My son lives in Stuttgart and the traffic is plain crazy. Lots of traffic morning and evening around the big cities. Depending on the time of day and what day it is there are still plenty of strips of autobahn that you can open it up on.

·
Banned
362 Posts
I came across a Maserati Quattroporte today in a small nearby town.... It's the first one I have ever seen... It was clear he wanted to slow off the way he was driving it.... Pulled up next to him at the first red light..... First pull was only 0 to 60 and I had him by at least 4 or 5 car lengths. Second pull he didn't even try...

·
Registered
27 Posts
I can’t get anyone to play with Lil Hemi. If they won’t play, I just blast them anyways. Call it Trackhawking.
LMAO.

I've given my hawk the nickname TROLL Hawk. I troll the hell out of everyone. I live in a college town and just drive this thing like a maniac. I launch mode off stop lights just to troll the people, that 5 seconds later, are just a dot in the rearview.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Kind of in line with kill stories:

Has anyone noticed that alot of regular bullsh1t vehicles seem to get aggressive around your trackhawk? Like i'm talking there will be a newer looking Equinox or something basic... and they will floor it from the light.

·
Registered
266 Posts
So there I was....parked at a red light when a M3 pulls up to wait with me. I hardly take notice and search for music while the light is red. On green I take off a little aggressive until I tapper off at the speed limit and he gives chase, except he has to do a fly by and stay out in front. Next light turns red and he gets stopped first. About the time I come to a stop, a Hayabusa makes a right on red in the same direction. We both pause but when I see him start moving, I mash it. I literally pass him before he gets a gear change and start to gap him. So I put Semi truck lengths on him, then I realize I'm gaining on the bike who saw us coming. I stayed with him until he let off, he gave me the thumbs up and made a turn. The Bimmer apparently did too, as I was all alone at the next light.

Reactions: jimvanpatten

·
Super Moderator
1,870 Posts
Pulled up next to a M4 as the light turned green, we start going. He hears the exhaust and gives it more gas and so do I. He does again, as do I and so he floors it. I give it about 80% throttle as I fly by him.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Pulled up next to a M4 as the light turned green, we start going. He hears the exhaust and gives it more gas and so do I. He does again, as do I and so he floors it. I give it about 80% throttle as I fly by him.
Haha! You should have given it full throttle, just to let him know how little of a chance he had against your beast.

·
Super Moderator
1,109 Posts
I tried to race a Ferrari this morning. He was driving aggressive and damn it sounded good.by the time i got passed all the old ladys on their way to work and started to pull next to him he turned in for gas. LMAO. I dont even think he knew I was there. Bad ass car and the sound is amazing it would of been fun to get that kill.

21 - 40 of 51 Posts